Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Sirius Radio?....Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 AM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Sirius Radio?....Bluetooth?

Sirius
Those of you who have Sirius radio in your used AM, did you pay for your subscription? I ask, because when I called Sirius to activate the radio in my car they told me the subscription was free for life with an Aston. Big surprise! Any way, was this the case for any of you? Or is this some kind of aberration?

Bluetooth
I paired my T-Mobile phone (Tap model) with the car, but the contact list wouldn't load into the car's memory. The owner's manual indicated that not all phones transfer the contact list, implying that this was a normal situation. Have any of you successfully downloaded the list into the car's memory, and if so, what provider/model phone do you use?

Thanks.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:48 AM
LotusJPS is infamous around these parts
Sirius isn't exactly free, you pay $1,250 for the life time subscription with the car (the price of the option to add satellite radio to the car). The question I have is that I was told that the subscription also included life time internet streaming, though when I activated it with Sirius they said the internet streaming was only free for the first year. Is anyone else streaming Sirius, and was it included with their life time subscription?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LotusJPS
Sirius isn't exactly free, you pay $1,250 for the life time subscription with the car (the price of the option to add satellite radio to the car).
Really? I had no clue. I actually decided to pass on Sirius because I didn't think I'd use it that much. If it's free though, I may as well.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 AM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Really? I had no clue. I actually decided to pass on Sirius because I didn't think I'd use it that much. If it's free though, I may as well.
Now we know...

If you have a Sirius radio in your Aston, the subscription has already been paid for life by the original owner. Sweet.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Now we know...

If you have a Sirius radio in your Aston, the subscription has already been paid for life by the original owner. Sweet.
Yeah, I'm glad you posted about this. You'd think my dealer might have mentioned this.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:08 AM
nsbeach is infamous around these parts
I wonder if that applies to my 2006 AM Vanquish S?

Chris

Old 08-05-2011, 07:57 PM
gsrjc is infamous around these parts
so what are the second or third owners supposed to do then

Old 08-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
The lifetime subscription is for the lifetime of the car. It stays with the car no matter how many owners.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
The lifetime subscription is for the lifetime of the car. It stays with the car no matter how many owners.
See, that's what I thought. The Sirius customer service agent I spoke with during activation (who could barely speak English incidentally) was asking me how long my "free trial period" lasts. I told him that I thought he would be able to answer that question as it is his company! Anyway, he promised me someone would call me back with that information within 5 business days. Good thing I knew that was BS or I would have been disappointed when I never got the call.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
I never had to activate it. The dealer never said anything special about it, it worked when I picked up the car.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:12 PM
ATX G8R is infamous around these parts
XJRS, thank you for the information. I'm the second owner of a 2008 DB9 that I bought in January 2011. Sirus radio worked when I first got my car, but shut down a few months later. I've been meaning to call and reconnect and your post motivated me, but when I called (just now) I was told that the "lifetime" subscription was forfeited by the original owner when he traded his car in. Doesn't sound much like a lifetime subscription - did I get hosed?!? Did I get bad information from someone at Sirus who was clueless (she sure seemed like it) Instead, they gave me a 3 month trial run, but told me I had to pay after that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by ATX G8R
Did I get bad information from someone at Sirus who was clueless (she sure seemed like it).
In my experience the customer service from Sirius is poor. Did your service rep speak English well? I got the impression that I was talking to someone in a call center in another country.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by ATX G8R
XJRS, thank you for the information. I'm the second owner of a 2008 DB9 that I bought in January 2011. Sirus radio worked when I first got my car, but shut down a few months later. I've been meaning to call and reconnect and your post motivated me, but when I called (just now) I was told that the "lifetime" subscription was forfeited by the original owner when he traded his car in. Doesn't sound much like a lifetime subscription - did I get hosed?!? Did I get bad information from someone at Sirus who was clueless (she sure seemed like it) Instead, they gave me a 3 month trial run, but told me I had to pay after that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
The lifetime subscription goes with the car's receiver...has nothing to do with who owns it or how many owners. I'm sure these people are on a commission, so if they can BS you into paying, it's good for them. Demand to speak to a supervisor and tell them you know it's free for the life of the equipment.

Go to the Sirius website and search on the term 'lifetime'. But here's the essence...

9. Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the Receiver equipment. Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. Non Automotive Receivers
A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play Receiver is transferable from one Receiver to another Receiver, up to a maximum of three (3) times. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another you will be charged transfer fee set forth in this Agreement.
Automotive Receivers: A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a Receiver installed in a vehicle by an automaker or an automotive dealer, except in the event the original Receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of Sirius or XM, it is defective. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one person to another based upon a stolen or accidentally damaged Receiver you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in this Agreement. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of Sirius or XM, the Receiver is defective.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
That says it's not transferable in this case, since the receiver was installed by AM.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:27 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
That says it's not transferable in this case, since the receiver was installed by AM.
That's the way I read it too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio?....Bluetooth?