Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Were DB9s ever made in white with manual transmission?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:38 AM
patrickxkim is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gsnyc
i loved that car more than anything. i shouldn't have sold it - but i traded it for a 1967 DB6.

1. the car was custom ordered - no dealer would order that color. 1st owner drove it for four months and then sold it back to the dealer, where i bought it. I had 6k miles on it when i sold it.
2. MSRP was $191k. i would say the average offer on trade-in was $115k to a dealer. Galpin and Foreign Cars Italia were very honorable when i was looking to trade it on another car and made fair offers above that amount. They are honorable AM dealers.
3. These cars depreciate like day old fish. they will tell you that manuals are worth less - but then try to find a manual. they sell immediately.
4. My clutch had a very high engagement point as well.

Red Devil are you willing to share what these guys are offering you? i'd like to buy an older manual and wonder what they are worth on trade.

i hope that helps.
Thanks for posting the pics. I really love that color combo. I always liked the burgundy interior.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:07 AM
patrickxkim is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Red Devil
What year was the car you drove? Clutch engagement point is quite high as normal. They do not have a sunroof. It might be worth your time to come out to LI, see & drive my car and make an offer. You might be surprised b/c I'd rather let it go for less to an enthusiast than give it away to the stealer. I know your post-count is too low for PM, so let me know if you have interest and I will PM you my e-mail. I think you can receive but not send PM's...
Sure, I'd love to come by and check out your car sometime. Looks like this weekend is no good with the storm coming, so maybe the following week if your schedule is free.

Are any of you into golf? I was at the Barclays PGA in Edison NJ yesterday and it was great seeing all the top 125 players there on the first round. Weather was terrible mid-day but it cleared up and they resumed play after a two hour delay. If the weather permits, I'll be there again on Saturday.

One thing I realized is that the trunk space is so small in the DB9. Its going to be a challenge to get two bags in if I go with somebody to golf. I figured that I would put one bag in the trunk, and cram the other in the backseats. I hope thats possible as I plan to drive the DB9 mostly on the weekends, many times to and from the golf course.

I had dinner in Edison on my way back from the PGA yesterday and I happened to drive past Ray Catenna and saw that they still had the Aston Martin logo brand. I stopped by and talked to one of the sales guy and they told me that they stopped selling AM two years ago and just sold pre-owned cars time to time. I'm not sure if its true but he said that demand has been very low in AM and it was unprofitable for them. As usual, he tried selling me a 911 Turbo or GT3 saying that AMs under perform at its price level.

I always loved the 911 for its classic look and raw performance. I still have yet to drive the 911, but I'm sure it handles like no other. I have a Cayenne as our multi use vehicle and I can't believe how well an SUV can handle considering its size. Truly amazing.

However, for my first sports car, I really like the class, design, and uniqueness/rareness of the AM DB9. I love Porsche, but AM's are on just a different level and they are the definition of top class in my opinion. I figure I will get a 911 as an addition to the fleet (once I get the itch for more speed and performance), if I'm fortunate enough to do that someday.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by patrickxkim
Sure, I'd love to come by and check out your car sometime. Looks like this weekend is no good with the storm coming, so maybe the following week if your schedule is free.
I had dinner in Edison on my way back from the PGA yesterday and I happened to drive past Ray Catenna and saw that they still had the Aston Martin logo brand. I stopped by and talked to one of the sales guy and they told me that they stopped selling AM two years ago and just sold pre-owned cars time to time. I'm not sure if its true but he said that demand has been very low in AM and it was unprofitable for them. As usual, he tried selling me a 911 Turbo or GT3 saying that AMs under perform at its price level.

I always loved the 911 for its classic look and raw performance. I still have yet to drive the 911, but I'm sure it handles like no other. I have a Cayenne as our multi use vehicle and I can't believe how well an SUV can handle considering its size. Truly amazing.

However, for my first sports car, I really like the class, design, and uniqueness/rareness of the AM DB9. I love Porsche, but AM's are on just a different level and they are the definition of top class in my opinion. I figure I will get a 911 as an addition to the fleet (once I get the itch for more speed and performance), if I'm fortunate enough to do that someday.
I'll PM you my e-mail, post here if it doesn't come through. We're away next weekend (Labor Day), but maybe the one after that if I still have the car. I bought my car from Catena. No one buys an Aston b/c it's the fastest or best handling. You buy it for looks, materials, exclusivity and other reasons. It's not meant to be a Porsche, Ferrari or Lambo...