Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Were DB9s ever made in white with manual transmission?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:02 AM
patrickxkim is infamous around these parts
Were DB9s ever made in white with manual transmission?

I can't find any DB9 manual transmissions in white. I've only seen manual 6 speeds in black or silver.

Has anybody seen a manual in white or even tungsten silver (gunmetal color)?

I'm starting to think that they may have never been produced.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-23-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: not enough posts or time and not in open forum
Old 08-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
You talking coupe or convertible? Not that should matter a ton, but not a lot of manuals in general.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Red Devil
You talking coupe or convertible? Not that should matter a ton, but not a lot of manuals in general.
Coupe only. Yes the manual db9 is hard to find. I was originally planning on buying a white in auto but after test driving a manual over the weekend i changed my mind.

I test drove a black on black (same one you have in your profile pic with same sport wheels) which was really nice but I wanted to know if I had a shot at finding a white or gunmetal before I consider other colors.

I test drove a white vantage as well but I prefer the v12 db9. Completely different car.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:53 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Funny as I'm thinking about switching to a DB9 next June... I saw a black one over the weekend. Looked great and I'm "jonesing" for a V12.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:41 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
have a white Vantage and they seem rare.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:23 AM
teleopti is infamous around these parts
would be the perfect combo

Old 08-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by CJPatel
have a white Vantage and they seem rare.
true

Old 08-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Funny as I'm thinking about switching to a DB9 next June... I saw a black one over the weekend. Looked great and I'm "jonesing" for a V12.
V12 with eisenmann exhaust

Old 08-24-2011, 11:27 AM
gsnyc is infamous around these parts
i just sold my meteorite/bitter chocolate 2010 DB9 6sp manual. the car was custom ordered. I am already regretting the decision...

Dealers pretty much only order silver/black or black/black and typically automatic bc they're easier to sell. So you need to find a one-off or a custom ordered car.

Its a shame. the manual transmission is so much fun in the DB9. And for MY12 they no longer make manual transmissions for DB9s.

I think you will have a lot of difficulty finding a white manual coupe. i think you will have an easier time finding a convertible (it seems as if more convertible manuals were made). If you find a manual car i'd say buy it because it'll be a long time until another one comes around.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:33 PM
that color combo sounds pretty nice. I've actually never seen that before. do you have any prior pics? just curious to see

Old 08-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by gsnyc
i just sold my meteorite/bitter chocolate 2010 DB9 6sp manual. the car was custom ordered. I am already regretting the decision...

Dealers pretty much only order silver/black or black/black and typically automatic bc they're easier to sell. So you need to find a one-off or a custom ordered car.

Its a shame. the manual transmission is so much fun in the DB9. And for MY12 they no longer make manual transmissions for DB9s.

I think you will have a lot of difficulty finding a white manual coupe. i think you will have an easier time finding a convertible (it seems as if more convertible manuals were made). If you find a manual car i'd say buy it because it'll be a long time until another one comes around.
GSNYC - if you don't mind me asking, did you trade it in at a dealer? Some dealers have been telling me that 6 speed manuals are low in demand and therefore they either avoid stocking them or pay very low $ trade in prices? Was that the case when you were selling your db9?

Old 08-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by patrickxkim
GSNYC - if you don't mind me asking, did you trade it in at a dealer? Some dealers have been telling me that 6 speed manuals are low in demand and therefore they either avoid stocking them or pay very low $ trade in prices? Was that the case when you were selling your db9?
My car is officially up for sale (FS section listed), and I can tell you since I've had 4 dealer "offers", they pay very low. Everyone says, "what a beautiful car" and then they insult your intelligence. Why would I let them make 10-20 grand for not a lot of work. They barely make that and often don't on new cars. I'm certain it's not b/c my car is a manual though. Astons depreciate big in first couple of years, so buying a nice one used (like mine ) represents the smartest money. GL with whatever you get.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Red Devil
My car is officially up for sale (FS section listed), and I can tell you since I've had 4 dealer "offers", they pay very low. Everyone says, "what a beautiful car" and then they insult your intelligence. Why would I let them make 10-20 grand for not a lot of work. They barely make that and often don't on new cars. I'm certain it's not b/c my car is a manual though. Astons depreciate big in first couple of years, so buying a nice one used (like mine ) represents the smartest money. GL with whatever you get.
Red Devil - thanks for the good input. Yea your car is a beauty. I would love to buy from you, but my price point is allowing me to shop 06-07 range. I also came across a rare high mileage 08 that was similar to the 06-07 price points.

I test drove nearly the exact same car as yours with sport package, and I noticed that the clutch engages very close to the end of the release (literally almost once my foot is off the clutch). Is this normal or do you think the clutch might be worn? All the manuals I drove prior have engaged mid point.

Also noticed that there was no sunroof. Do all DB9s have no sunroof option? Thought that was odd.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:42 PM
gsnyc is infamous around these parts
i loved that car more than anything. i shouldn't have sold it - but i traded it for a 1967 DB6.

1. the car was custom ordered - no dealer would order that color. 1st owner drove it for four months and then sold it back to the dealer, where i bought it. I had 6k miles on it when i sold it.
2. MSRP was $191k. i would say the average offer on trade-in was $115k to a dealer. Galpin and Foreign Cars Italia were very honorable when i was looking to trade it on another car and made fair offers above that amount. They are honorable AM dealers.
3. These cars depreciate like day old fish. they will tell you that manuals are worth less - but then try to find a manual. they sell immediately.
4. My clutch had a very high engagement point as well.

Red Devil are you willing to share what these guys are offering you? i'd like to buy an older manual and wonder what they are worth on trade.

i hope that helps.

Attached Images   
Old 08-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by patrickxkim
Red Devil - thanks for the good input. Yea your car is a beauty. I would love to buy from you, but my price point is allowing me to shop 06-07 range. I also came across a rare high mileage 08 that was similar to the 06-07 price points.

I test drove nearly the exact same car as yours with sport package, and I noticed that the clutch engages very close to the end of the release (literally almost once my foot is off the clutch). Is this normal or do you think the clutch might be worn? All the manuals I drove prior have engaged mid point.

Also noticed that there was no sunroof. Do all DB9s have no sunroof option? Thought that was odd.
What year was the car you drove? Clutch engagement point is quite high as normal. They do not have a sunroof. It might be worth your time to come out to LI, see & drive my car and make an offer. You might be surprised b/c I'd rather let it go for less to an enthusiast than give it away to the stealer. I know your post-count is too low for PM, so let me know if you have interest and I will PM you my e-mail. I think you can receive but not send PM's...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Were DB9s ever made in white with manual transmission?