Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

One-77 Plant to be featured on Ultimate Factories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I know most would say DB9 or DBS for Gaydon era cars, but I like the more muscular look of the shorter Vantage. Of the various Vantage models, I'd go with the V8S, which has the splitter, diffuser, and side sills of the V12V without the CF hood vents. I like the vents on my car because they look aggressive, but I wouldn't call them pretty.

As for older Astons, that's a tough one because I've mainly just seen pictures here and there. That said, I saw the DB4 GT Zagato in person last year and it was beautiful. I guess I'll pick that one.

You?

Old 09-02-2011, 05:15 PM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
The best looking car on the market?

...Ferrari 458 Italia by a considerable margin

Stood next to one 2 weeks ago at a meet, totally un-remarkable for me, a massaged 360/430 evolution with the high butt. A big car compared to when Ferrari's looked exotic. These new big cars blend with all the other traffic. A 355 on the other hand sits low and stands out.

The One-77 sits almost 4 inches lower than a DB9. Not only does that help stability, but it adds to the look for me. The only thing I would change on the One-77 is those little air inlets up-front.

Originally Posted by Racer_X
Yeah, I wouldn't hold your breath. Top Gear hasn't ever done a full hour dedicated to a single car. My point about the Veyron is not that it's the prettiest car. It is the most impressive car, however, from a technology and performance standpoint. If Top Gear didn't do an hour on that car, they won't do an hour on the One-77.

I wasn't. This Natgeo special will do the trick. I don't get overly excited anymore about cars. I have the one I always wanted and appreciate ones that have a combo of qualities. The all Black V12V I saw at the meet 2 weeks ago looked better and sounded much better than everything else there. (I was on 2 wheels)

As for the Veyron, I have seen the special on that and it's build quality is extremely impressive, but I don't get excited about making hp by forced induction. 1000hp with 4 turbo's is not as impressive as 750hp with none.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The racerx
As for the Veyron, I have seen the special on that and it's build quality is extremely impressive, but I don't get excited about making hp by forced induction. 1000hp with 4 turbo's is not as impressive as 750hp with none.
The Veyron isn't about "build quality." It's an engineering marvel. If you aren't impressed by it just because it uses turbochargers, I'm not sure what to say.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:22 PM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
The Veyron isn't about "build quality." It's an engineering marvel. If you aren't impressed by it just because it uses turbochargers, I'm not sure what to say.

Build quality is my term for engineering. What did you think I meant, the nice way they carry the valves in the pretty little case? I said it was extremely impressive, but what do you find so earth shattering? The W format, a speed sensitive wing, all-wheel drive, the claim of the first double clutch system, what?

I do all the work on my 928, I have a spare engine for it, that I have taken apart. I very much understand the engineering in cars and that is 1 of the reasons why I appreciate the 928 so much. And the One-77.

Here is some engineering, 1 man planned and built a NA 928 engine to deliver 640 RWHP from scratch, That's Engineering;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDU1Y-WKec

hope you all enjoy the video, now back to your regularly scheduled programming

Old 09-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by The racerx
Build quality is my term for engineering. What did you think I meant, the nice way they carry the valves in the pretty little case? I said it was extremely impressive, but what do you find so earth shattering? The W format, a speed sensitive wing, all-wheel drive, the claim of the first double clutch system, what?
"Build quality" is a term that people use to refer to the things like fit and finish, not engineering. If you meant engineering, you should have said it.

I'm not going to list all of the impressive things about the car -- you can look that up if you want. I'll just put it this way: they built a comfortable luxury road car that does over 250 mph. If you know a lot about cars, you'll appreciate what went into making that happen, and it wasn't just "build quality."

Old 09-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Consistent Panel seems come from good engineering, I was discussing that the other day on a stock forum with a guy who believes Tesla will not be able to mass produce the Aluminum panels for the Model S consistently enough, something to do about engineering ability.

The One-77 was testing above 220 at Paul Ricard, that's why I wanted a thorough review done by independents at a track, to see what is the top speed. Not that it matters much as it is useless for the end-user. Top speed is way down the list, especially if the car is butt-ugly like the veyron.