Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

One-77 Plant to be featured on Ultimate Factories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
One-77 Plant to be featured on Ultimate Factories

"The National Geographic program – broadcast Stateside as Ultimate Factories – regularly gains access to these plants, and the next episode is heading to Gaydon in Warwickshire, England, to take us behind the scenes of the dedicated facility where Aston Martin makes its top of the line model: the One-77."

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/01/aston-martin-one-77-stars-in-new-episode-of-natgeos-megafact/

Old 09-01-2011, 06:38 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone know when this is being aired over here? It's not on any NatGeo TV listing I can find.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:01 PM
gekko is infamous around these partsgekko is infamous around these parts
To tide you guys over, this is a few months old:

Aston Martin One-77 build
http://www.vimeo.com/23747191

Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2011, 06:12 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen the one on the production of the other models and it was interesting, but not as good as the NATGEO produced hours of the ferrari or veyron factories.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/asto...s_2208645.htm#

(originally posted by DonL)

There has been very little of interest put out on this car. No Car Mag report with testing and great photo's, no professionally produced tv show segment, nothing really. Even if it is not required for sales, as a Halo car, AM should have tried for the maximum exposure in the media for this car. As of now it's kinda forgotten. This really deserved an hour long segment on Top Gear with their ability to film it being driven in the english countryside.

best real world video's I have seen that let you hear the true sound;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQGpgQK6wE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sGJnK-Msp8

best photo yet

Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The racerx
This really deserved an hour long segment on Top Gear with their ability to film it being driven in the english countryside.
While I agree that it would be nice for a TV show to feature the car, an hour long segment on Top Gear? They haven't done that for any car, not even the Veyron.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
While I agree that it would be nice for a TV show to feature the car, an hour long segment on Top Gear? They haven't done that for any car, not even the Veyron.

They have done 2 segments on the V12V including this one which was the most beautiful car filming I have ever seen, for a total of almost 14 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZlpRdQlRI

They are a British show and have a soft spot for AM. This car is unique. Unlike the horrendously ugly Veyron, the One-77 is great looking. The best looking car that Aston has produced, the best looking car on the market now. It is also the most powerful NA engine available @ 750 hp and 750 NM.

And everyone including yourself and all other AM owners are like everybody else, pressing their noses up on the glass looking at something they will never have. With only 68 owners in the world and $2 mill a pop, it will be a rare site. It is unlike all other AM's. Built completely different and 50% more power.

So 1 hour on Top Gear divided into 3 17 minute segments of - perf. summary at a track, factory tour, and driving in the countryside would not be too much for a 1 in a lifetime vehicle.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:01 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
This car is unique. Unlike the horrendously ugly Veyron, the One-77 is great looking. The best looking car that Aston has produced, the best looking car on the market now.

Not only is it not "the best looking car on the market now", it isn't even the best looking Aston Martin ever produced.

You've got some warped ideas of "best looking" if you think that the One-77 qualifies... It is almost a caricature of a car. It may be ungodly expensive, but that doesn't make it good looking. Sorry.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:56 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
I think it looks awesome. Then again, I own an Aston already, I may be biased.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Not only is it not "the best looking car on the market now", it isn't even the best looking Aston Martin ever produced.

You've got some warped ideas of "best looking" if you think that the One-77 qualifies... It is almost a caricature of a car. It may be ungodly expensive, but that doesn't make it good looking. Sorry.

I have seen just about every AM from the last 40 years in person, got to examine one of the nicest DB5's, sweet car, and can say the One-77 is the best they have produced, not just the exterior, but all aspects of the car including the incredible engine.

I would put the extreme looks of the Aventador in 2nd place of cars on the market now. It's not surprising that we would not agree on this as my favorite Jag is the XKE. To each their own.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:34 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen just about every AM from the last 40 years in person, got to examine one of the nicest DB5's, sweet car, and can say the One-77 is the best they have produced, not just the exterior, but all aspects of the car including the incredible engine.

I would put the extreme looks of the Aventador in 2nd place of cars on the market now. It's not surprising that we would not agree on this as my favorite Jag is the XKE. To each their own.
1) I never even remotely intimated that the engineering of the car wasn't incredible. But the exterior is not the best looking of any car or any Aston, as you stated in your original post. Don't change the subject to the "best they have produced", which I would not quibble with.

2) The Aventador is not even close to 2nd place...it is downright nasty looking.

3) And don't presume that I don't think the E-type is the best looking Jag of all time. That is a classic beauty. The One-77 is not.

It's just a cartoon car with awkward lines, especially where the rear fenders balloon out from the rear of the door shut line. Looks tacked on and destroys the cars lines (what there are of them). Another very bad break is the bottom line of the rear quarter window which all of a suddent arches upwards from the door wndow lower line. Just terrible.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:38 PM
The best looking car on the market?

...Ferrari 458 Italia by a considerable margin

Old 09-02-2011, 04:03 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
XJRD, isn't pointless to argue someone's opinion on the beauty of a car?

My guess is that is why all cars don't look exactly alike.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 PM
So 1 hour on Top Gear divided into 3 17 minute segments of - perf. summary at a track, factory tour, and driving in the countryside would not be too much for a 1 in a lifetime vehicle.
Yeah, I wouldn't hold your breath. Top Gear hasn't ever done a full hour dedicated to a single car. My point about the Veyron is not that it's the prettiest car. It is the most impressive car, however, from a technology and performance standpoint. If Top Gear didn't do an hour on that car, they won't do an hour on the One-77.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by markesq
XJRD, isn't pointless to argue someone's opinion on the beauty of a car?
Exactly what I was thinking. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That said, I do love the looks of the 458. Very pretty car IMO. However, I also think Lambo got the Aventador right. I wouldn't call it pretty, but it's attractive in an appropriately over-the-top way.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Best Looking Aston Ever?

Ok, then, since we are on the subject of beauty, what's the best looking Aston in your opinion?

You get 2 votes:

1) Older models (say DB4 on up)

2) Newer models (DB7 on up)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: One-77 Plant to be featured on Ultimate Factories