Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AMV8 Door Handle - Removing Internal Door Panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:41 AM
NickV73 is infamous around these parts
AMV8 Door Handle - Removing Internal Door Panel

The external door handle on my '06 AMV8 has come detached from its fixing internally and slipped inside the door panel. Apparently its "quite easy" to "pop off" the internal door panel and re-attach the handle from inside. Does anyone know how to remove the internal door panel as I can see a number of nuts / screws etc but I dont want to go removing things needlessly if there is an easy way to do this.

Thanks

Nick.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NickV73
The external door handle on my '06 AMV8 has come detached from its fixing internally and slipped inside the door panel. Apparently its "quite easy" to "pop off" the internal door panel and re-attach the handle from inside. Does anyone know how to remove the internal door panel as I can see a number of nuts / screws etc but I dont want to go removing things needlessly if there is an easy way to do this.

Thanks

Nick.
I've never heard of the exterior handle popping off..but I could tell you how to remove the interior door panel for the access needed to do our repair.

First step, open the window all the way...Then there's 2 5mm bolts that are holding the interior handle to the door, remove them both and pull the handle towards you(might be tight and stuck to the leather, pull carefully). Remove the felt plate on the back side of the handle that you just removed. Be carefull not to the bent cable!! Pull up on both hooks that secured the cable to the handle, do not break them(hooks are part of that black clips at end of cable). Slide cable metal end from the handle lever..

At the bottom of the door panel are I believe 4-T20 torx bolts, remove.
Just under the side rear view mirror panel is 1 short T20 bolt, remove
Just under the previous bolt removed is another T20 bolt in that grey circle whole looking bezel...remove

Lean the door panel forward at the bottom and remove the electrical connector to the bottom puddle lamp and the connector to the window switch, yes you might need long arms (do not remove the door panel any further unless you've removed the connectors, other wise unless you've done it before chances are you'll break the window switch and need to glue it back in).

Now with window down, handle removed, all the bolts removed and the 2 connectors removed..slide the door panel upwards and VOLLA!! It's off..

*What I have seen in the past is the exterior handle bracket snapping/cracking and needs to be replaced, let me know what you find..Hope this helps..