Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

am depreciation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:09 AM
11CayenneS is infamous around these parts
am depreciation

Hey guys

As part if my research for the next ride, I have narrowed the candidates down to two. I am considering a v12v but have noticed that Am appears to depreciate quite a bit. Am I just finding rare cases or do am's take a huge hit when driven off the lot? I am comparing this to Porsche depreciation rates

Thanks for any input

Old 09-18-2011, 09:51 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Bought my 2007 in 2009. It is worth as much or more than I bought it for over 2 years ago. So, used, they hold value.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
2009 was the worst part of the "great recession." The stock market was at its lows (with the SP500 hitting 666 in March!) and the price of luxury goods reflected this. So, I wouldn't take the price difference between 2009 and today as a true indicator of Aston depreciation.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:03 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I too am looking for V12 ... there's a brand new carbon black V12 selling for about $170k locally.

I am wondering how much more the V12Vs will drop in the next year. It appears they seem to hold their value better than the V8s, would any other V12 owners chime in on their depreciation experiences (or lack there of).

thx

Old 09-18-2011, 03:42 PM
gsrjc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
I too am looking for V12 ... there's a brand new carbon black V12 selling for about $170k locally.

I am wondering how much more the V12Vs will drop in the next year. It appears they seem to hold their value better than the V8s, would any other V12 owners chime in on their depreciation experiences (or lack there of).

thx
did you get rid of the Lambo and you're coming back to AM?

Old 09-18-2011, 03:59 PM
droppedclutch is infamous around these partsdroppedclutch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by markesq
Bought my 2007 in 2009. It is worth as much or more than I bought it for over 2 years ago. So, used, they hold value.
I can attest to this. I was shopping for a 2007 V8V in 2009, and I couldn't get anybody to go much lower than $70k for one in good condition. Today, I still can't get anybody to go much lower than $70k for one in good condition, and most people are asking $75k.

Overall, Astons hold their value extremely well, the only thing that's wrong with them is the MSRP itself, which is usually more than its actually worth. Long story short, don't pay more than 10% more than a year old version of the car you're buying new, regardless of MSRP, beyond that, they tend to depreciate 10%/year or less, which is above average I think.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:59 PM
droppedclutch is infamous around these partsdroppedclutch is infamous around these parts

thx
You in CA? We might be looking at the same one:P

Old 09-18-2011, 04:27 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gsrjc
did you get rid of the Lambo and you're coming back to AM?
No, I still have Lambo, I enjoy it ...

I will be getting V12 as well. Something about Aston Martin I really do miss, its hard to describe it. You enjoy other cars, but you fall in love with an Aston. This time though I will get back into AM the right way and do the V12. I will probably do high flow cats on the V12 as they supposedly add quite a bit of sound & power.

The Aston definitely fits my tall & thin body type better than the gallardo, that's for sure. However, I had a chance to sit in the new Aventador last week ..... it is officially my fav new car, It fits perfectly in every way.

The new Aventador is a Game Changer ... it is literally 5 years ahead of any other car on the market today ... ferrari is officially being left in the dust.

I will be putting my name down for one soon.

Thx,

Old 09-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Thumbs up

I will be getting V12 as well. Something about Aston Martin I really do miss, its hard to describe it. You enjoy other cars, but you fall in love with an Aston. This time though I will get back into AM the right way and do the V12. I will probably do high flow cats on the V12 as they supposedly add quite a bit of sound & power.

The Aston definitely fits my tall & thin body type better than the gallardo, that's for sure. However, I had a chance to sit in the new Aventador last week ..... it is officially my fav new car, It fits perfectly in every way.

The new Aventador is a Game Changer ... it is literally 5 years ahead of any other car on the market today ... ferrari is officially being left in the dust.

Thx,
007, I agree with everything you just said:P

Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
IMHO - agree w/ the statement AM holding their value in comp's to other high end cars. There just are not that many out there ...

Old 09-19-2011, 06:18 PM
maroli is infamous around these partsmaroli is infamous around these parts

Thx,
I respectfully disagree
I think the Mclaren is techier

Old 09-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by maroli
I respectfully disagree
I think the Mclaren is techier
And yet everyone appears to prefer the 458 over the McLaren.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Because the McLaren is essentially a Porsche Panamera Turbo S with two fewer seats and stickier wheels.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Nah, it's because the McLaren has no soul.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Wish I had the budget to have to make that choice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: am depreciation