Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

position of Fuse 22 on a DB9?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 08:48 AM
patrickxkim is infamous around these parts
position of Fuse 22 on a DB9?

I read all the posts regarding fuse 22 and decided to give it a try.

Fuse 22 is located in the drivers side trunk. There's no numbers that indicate the fuse positions. Following the user manual, I found fuse 22 to be the second to last position in the corner with a 30v fuse. I determined the position by following the voltage pattern from the user manual.

I was assuming that even the start up should bark a bit louder but no difference. I went for a drive and I can't tell the difference.

Did I pull the wrong fuse? Is there any way for me to check that the right fuse 22 was pulled?

Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by patrickxkim

Fuse 22 is located in the drivers side trunk. There's no numbers that indicate the fuse positions. Following the user manual, I found fuse 22 to be the second to last position in the corner with a 30v fuse. I determined the position by following the voltage pattern from the user manual.

I was assuming that even the start up should bark a bit louder but no difference. I went for a drive and I can't tell the difference.

Did I pull the wrong fuse? Is there any way for me to check that the right fuse 22 was pulled?
The fuses are labelled, but you have to get up close to see the numbers. The fuses are on the right hand side of the car (passenger side for LHD cars). The sound on start up will be the same. The exhaust flaps that quiet things down in OEM operation only close within a certain rpm range. On my car, it's 2000-4500 or so. Therefore, you should only hear a difference when you are in the rpm range in which the flaps are normally closed (by pulling the fuse they stay open).

Old 09-23-2011, 11:38 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Indeed, a lot of people are under the mistaken impression (probably in part because of incorrectly worded car reviews) that the flaps are normally closed until you reach a certain RPM. What actually happens is that the flaps are open at idle, then close down higher up the rev range, then open up again at even higher RPMs. Removing the fuse, simply keeps them open all the time.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by patrickxkim

The fuse #22 is a 20amp for the exhaust by-pass pump, sounds like you fulled fuse #21 30amp, which is just a spare that does nothing, F22 is the first fuse not second, so the 20amp closest to the relay if I remember right..be advised if you have emission inspects in your area, you might fail if you do not put the fuse back prior to the test for it will store a fault code but no MIL light..proper way to do the by-pass is to plug the vaccuum hoses to the valves..no fault code and louder exhaust

Old 09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
patrickxkim is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by irish07
The fuse #22 is a 20amp for the exhaust by-pass pump, sounds like you fulled fuse #21 30amp, which is just a spare that does nothing, F22 is the first fuse not second, so the 20amp closest to the relay if I remember right..be advised if you have emission inspects in your area, you might fail if you do not put the fuse back prior to the test for it will store a fault code but no MIL light..proper way to do the by-pass is to plug the vaccuum hoses to the valves..no fault code and louder exhaust
I mistyped, yes I pulled the 20 amp fuse, but it was not the last fuse in the corner. I believe it was second to last. Its possible that car already had it pulled previously. Previous owner said he didn't but maybe the dealer did.

I will check it out again later today. Thanks