Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vorsteiner VS-340 Concave Wheels on my Vantage =)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:27 PM
rynacd is infamous around these parts
New Vorsteiner VS-340 Concave Wheels on my Vantage (updated photos last page)

Here are a few teaser pictures from the photoshoot. I will upload more pictures as i receive them. I am very pleased with the wheels as Vorsteiner was able to custom build the wheels (flush to the edge) and maximize concavity without any rubbing. Enjoy =)

Vorsteiner VS-340 Concave 3-Piece Forged Wheels

Front: 20x9
Rear: 20x10.5
Color: Textured Black

Last edited by rynacd; 06-25-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Looks awesome. Florida or SoCal?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:50 PM
SoCal =)

Old 10-04-2011, 06:57 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Nice job, that things looks mean!! Nice camera work too.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:17 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
I'm generally not a fan of darker colored wheels, but those are really special. Drive 'em hard!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:10 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Wow. I'm also not usually a fan of a lot of dark wheels, but I have to agree that these look fantastic. The offset gives the car a very aggressive stance. I also like the fact that the car doesn't look slammed like a bunch of cars that seem to have too huge of a drop in the suspension. Congrats on the beautiful car and wheels.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Can't wait to see the Vorsteiner Aero Package. Did a search online and couldn't find any images. I assume it's too new?

Also, was the chrome trim on the car painted or wrapped? It looks pretty tough.

Last edited by karlfranz; 10-04-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Karl-Franz: The aero package will not be complete until later this year. I'm still working on the design with the owner. The aero package will be manufactured in dry carbon fiber using pre-preg and autoclave machine (to my knowledge no other aero package is manufactured in dry carbon for AM's).

The wheels are not technically released either, but they will begin a marketing campaign in the coming weeks.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Karl-Franz: Sorry but i forgot to answer your other question. Both the trim and fender vents were wrapped. This was a huge ordeal. Spent about 5 hours removing the window trim and fender vents to be wrapped. Sent the pieces to a shop to be wrapped. Spent another 4 hours putting it back together. Removing the fender vents were a pain in the butt.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:40 PM
kba
kba is infamous around these parts
Your car looks fantastic!

Old 10-05-2011, 01:41 AM
duo
duo is infamous around these parts
Looks nice, where you got them?

Old 10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
fohguy is infamous around these parts
Very classy. Nice one. How did you treat the reflectors? They look great. Ain't or wrap

Old 10-05-2011, 07:47 PM
PeterW is infamous around these parts
Sweet wheels, I have a Metorite silver V8V and also looking for Dark Wheels. How's the ride with 20's?

BTW, where did you get the small antenna? I've been looking for it, does it work ok?

Old 10-05-2011, 09:29 PM
I used to not be a fan of dark wheels as well, but quickly fell in love with the whole concave dark wheel trend. I really appreciate how Vorsteiner designs are cutting-edge, aggressive, but still clean where it’s not overdone. I think textured black wheels will complement the carbon fiber accents perfectly. I can’t wait until the aero package is complete.

Looks nice, where you got them?
Vorsteiner =)

How did you treat the reflectors?
They are tinted very lightly. You can still see the orange and red if the sun hits it. I prefer light tint so it looks as natural as possible. I've seen heavy tint blacked out on tail lights and it looks tacky...cheapens the car.

How's the ride with 20's? BTW, where did you get the small antenna? I've been looking for it, does it work ok?
The ride quality is fine with 20's not bad at all. I do like the ride of the factory springs better than the H&R springs, but the wheels didn't make the ride much worst. I bought the antenna on Ebay and it works fine. I think the signal is weaker than stock, but i can hear all radio stations AM/FM no problems at all.

Thanks for comments =)

Old 10-06-2011, 01:01 AM
boosting1bar is infamous around these parts
Those look fantastic on your car. I'd buy them if they fit the DB9 as well as that without altering the suspension and they didn't rub.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Vorsteiner VS-340 Concave Wheels on my Vantage =)