Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

RSC ECU now available as flash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jaymoney
That's a ton of work. Where do you stand right now? Please keep us up on progress and pics.
Jaymoney-

Will do with the updates. Where I am now is looking for the highest mileage DBS (2009), MT most likely, coupe or vert (don't think that they made them for MY '09) that I can find. would take one without wheels and seats if I could find one! All that I really need is an undamaged roller..........

Mike will put in new headers, exhaust, intake manifold, different cats and pipes (that he has manufactured to his specs), as well as LWFW and clutch plate, 3-way dampers, new non-brembo's (from the 24-hour racing aston brakes that he has designed). The engine internals will also be vastly improved/bored.

On the interior, Sarah is putting in a START button, new interior surfaces to spec, nav/infotainment touch screen with all the stuff currently on the stack run on it.

The engine costs on the v12 are actually quite reasonable, considering 600hp and much better low, mid and high torque. The ponies are already in there; Aston just never quite went to the level that they should have with it. The gut-and-change interior is the killer, but I want it a certain way, with specific surfaces and appointments. Door caps and the whole stack/center console in Burl Mahogany.

For any v12 owner, this is something to consider as a whole meal deal or just specific engine/suspension/brakes pieces when Bamford Rose arrives in the U.S. Until then, the only way to do it is to send it over. That is why I am having the interior done at the same time. Total time will be about 9 weeks.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Marcos AMV8
Hello Stuart, one question. Its possible to return back to the original ECU map? I explain myself, here in Spain we have a govern law that we have to go to a fiscal workshop were they see if our car complain with the law in all the aspects so maybe if I change my ECU will not pass emissions laws, I now in the EEUU you can put a dead dog in the engine if you want but here you have to ask to the president of the nation for colour the mirror covers, seems crazy but trust me is true :P So if I want to return to OE ECU what can I do? Another question is how I fix your ECU via that port? By a computer? Need a special program? And also I want to know if you have like a third stage of ECU for economy fuel? Here the liter is 1.45 dollars so if a galon is more than 3 liters imagine the price we have to pay to get full the tank Or your ECU flash economize fuel consum if I go in normal driving?
Hi Marco. Sorry I missed this one. You will be able to switch back and forth between the original and the tuned files. Once they are installed on your hand-held device it only takes a couple of minutes to do this.

It is possible to write a fuel economy map for these cars, but ECU tuning for gasoline engines does not return anywhere near the benefits that diesel tuning does. In practise we find that fuel economy actually improves slightly after performance ECU tuning anyway, because the engine is producing power more efficiently. Althought this is sometimes offset by people driving harder with their new modifications!

Old 10-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Marcos AMV8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Hi Marco. Sorry I missed this one. You will be able to switch back and forth between the original and the tuned files. Once they are installed on your hand-held device it only takes a couple of minutes to do this.

It is possible to write a fuel economy map for these cars, but ECU tuning for gasoline engines does not return anywhere near the benefits that diesel tuning does. In practise we find that fuel economy actually improves slightly after performance ECU tuning anyway, because the engine is producing power more efficiently. Althought this is sometimes offset by people driving harder with their new modifications!
Thank you Stuart but just one thing more I understand that I can return to original ECU configuration in a few minutes with my hand-held device, its that a computer? And other question is if I need a special program? Or just the one you give to me? Here is a guy that have a little computer with that OB II cable and he can see the marks of the car, will function in a computer like this? Thank you

Old 10-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Thank you Stuart but just one thing more I understand that I can return to original ECU configuration in a few minutes with my hand-held device, its that a computer? And other question is if I need a special program? Or just the one you give to me? Here is a guy that have a little computer with that OB II cable and he can see the marks of the car, will function in a computer like this? Thank you
You must be a real night owl posting at 2AM Sanish time!!!! I want to make sure that we explain this process to you clearly - is there a phone number we can call you on? Please email me at Stuart@RSCTuning.com and we will give you a call.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
You must be a real night owl posting at 2AM Sanish time!!!! I want to make sure that we explain this process to you clearly - is there a phone number we can call you on? Please email me at Stuart@RSCTuning.com and we will give you a call.
Yep! I was listening to Justing Bieber until late night my spoken english is a disaster, looks like apache :P and american pronunciation is dificult to me to understand so better talk with a carrier pigeon than telephone Could you explain the process by wireted words? Tell me what things I need and the system function? I understand may have a personal computer with a OB II cable, get your software, put in the computer, then conect to the car, save the original ECU setup, them overwirite it with yours and go to highway to give long lights to old drivers, it works that way? Or also need a internet conection to conect with your server so you do all from EEUU?

Old 10-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Former Vendor
Yep! I was listening to Justing Bieber until late night my spoken english is a disaster, looks like apache :P and american pronunciation is dificult to me to understand so better talk with a carrier pigeon than telephone Could you explain the process by wireted words? Tell me what things I need and the system function? I understand may have a personal computer with a OB II cable, get your software, put in the computer, then conect to the car, save the original ECU setup, them overwirite it with yours and go to highway to give long lights to old drivers, it works that way? Or also need a internet conection to conect with your server so you do all from EEUU?
Don't worry, we have a Spanish speaker in the office!

Old 10-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Send you a private with the number

Old 10-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor
Send you a private with the number
Hope we answered your questions

Old 10-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Yes! I forgot two questions, will work with AM power upgrade or you need to know if installed first to change settings? If added later the the power upgrade will havevto paid gor the new ECU settings? And if I make the 4,7 conversion, do you have a ECU flash for this engine?

Old 10-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor
Yes! I forgot two questions, will work with AM power upgrade or you need to know if installed first to change settings? If added later the the power upgrade will havevto paid gor the new ECU settings? And if I make the 4,7 conversion, do you have a ECU flash for this engine?
Yes, will work with the AM power upgrade, but our software has some similar components, so I wouldn't advise buying the AM upgrade if you intend to purchase our software or you will be paying for some of the same stuff twice.

If you do a 4.7 conversion, yes we have 4.7L tuning available as well so you will be covered there.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
bazonkers is infamous around these parts
Is there any update on the ECU flash via OBD yet?

Old 11-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bazonkers
Is there any update on the ECU flash via OBD yet?
You must have read my mind!!!! I have been meaning to update all week but was away at SEMA and only got back late last night.

We are expecting to have the RSC Livetune hand-held programmers in hand in 7-10 days. As previously mentioned, this means that you will no longer have to remove your ECU to have it tuned on the bench. It comes with a simple piece of desktop software, and allows you to copy the file off your car, email us the file, and write the modified file back onto the ECU. Once this is accomplished, your hand-held unit will also allow you to switch back and forth between the mod & OE program in about 2 minutes. The hand-held unit also serves as a DTC code reader/clearer which is a nice double-duty because you can check fault codes yourself and see what they show without needing a trip to the dealership.

As always, these tunes include a 7 day money back guarantee, and $1,000,000 insurance coverage on your engine.

And... Stop Press.... I didn't want to confirm this until we knew that it was for sure, but not only will this be available for the V8 Vantage, we will have it available for the DB9 as well. I know some of you will be very happy to hear that.

In the future, this is going to increase the cost of the ECU tune by $250, offset against the cost and time of removing the ECU and shipping it to us I think it really comes out as a wash....

HOWEVER... I am so excited about this that I'm going to offer the first 10 tunes with the new units at a discounted price, and no additional charge for the tuning box! Email me - Stuart@RSCTuning.com to register your interest.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
bazonkers is infamous around these parts
Thanks Stuart, email sent.