Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V Tubi exhaust HRE wheels at the 341 Challenge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Korn58 is infamous around these parts
V8V Tubi exhaust HRE wheels at the 341 Challenge

Some members wanted to hear what the Tubi exhaust (the normal model, not the load version) sounded like on the V8V. Here are some clips from the outside, inside and drive by's most at WOT. Some of the clips are at a slow pace were my first run up the course. The event was the Spectre 341 Challenge held in Virgina City, NV in June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCLG6iJjh4A

Old 10-16-2011, 09:01 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Wow that is a nice video. Super nice actually.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Very nice video.

That's a great road...I actually used to live less than a mile away from there and would tear up and down that road all the time...so much fun. Never had the Vantage on it, though...that would have been awesome.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Talking

They event organziner hired Khan Media take lots of video and I had my camera mounted to the interior cross bar behind the passanger seat. I had the videos put on a DVD from a guy I've used for my family videos, he does nice work.

Tahoe M3, Did you used to live in Reno? I could have used a supercharger on my car at this event. As you know that road is at about 6000 ft altitude and I could feel it big time. As most of us know, wish I had more power

By the way, if anybody is interested the HRE wheels are for sale.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Yeah I was in South Reno before I moved out to Florida. The altitude makes a huge difference...when I had my M3 there I never really noticed until I drove down to the Bay Area where it felt like my car was supercharged in comparison.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Love that sound! Did the organizers run the mini-copter for those overhead shots? That was kinda cool but would have been even better if they were down closer to road level.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:59 PM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
What tubi is that? Is there different sound levels? I never had a tubi on a aston, only the quicksilvers.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:14 PM
I believe organizers (Spectre performance) rented the helicopter, but I'm not positive. They let us know in the drivers meeting there would be one filming but I never saw it, I guess I was busy driving. I assume they put it out of site, because last year the helicpoter startled a driver during his run and he spun. There are video's on youtube, it was a yellow car, don't remember the make.

I really like the sound of the car too, thanks.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by Korn58
I believe organizers (Spectre performance) rented the helicopter, but I'm not positive. They let us know in the drivers meeting there would be one filming but I never saw it, I guess I was busy driving. I assume they put it out of site, because last year the helicpoter startled a driver during his run and he spun. There are video's on youtube, it was a yellow car, don't remember the make.

I really like the sound of the car too, thanks.
yes I guess that would be one possible downside to having the copter down low (dusting everyone's clear coat being another lol)

Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Yes, Tubi sells two models. The louder version is called the "Rumore" and the normal version. I have first hand experience with this because when I was test driving different Astons I drove one with the Tubi exhaust. When I finnally bought my Vanatge I had to get the Tubi and I was mistakenly sold the Rumore. The second I started it, I knew it was loader. It sounded good, but I knew on long trip it would get annoying, so the dealer swapped it out for the Normal version.

Originally Posted by AMFixer
What tubi is that? Is there different sound levels? I never had a tubi on a aston, only the quicksilvers.