Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin carbon sport steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Marcos91 is infamous around these parts
I really, really like the architecture of it - but with my DB9, heavy on the aluminium (that's the correct spelling BTW ) in the interior as I have had my wood replaced with it, would it be possible to delete the carbon fibre and replace with leather wrapped... whatever; metal, wood, plastic?

If so, I would be very, very interested as well as I wouldn't be the only UK owner who was either.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marcos91
I really, really like the architecture of it - but with my DB9, heavy on the aluminium (that's the correct spelling BTW ) in the interior as I have had my wood replaced with it, would it be possible to delete the carbon fibre and replace with leather wrapped... whatever; metal, wood, plastic?

If so, I would be very, very interested as well as I wouldn't be the only UK owner who was either.
We can make the wheel per customers' request
carbon portion can be carbon, silver carbon, wood, metallic silver, titanium silver ...
leather can be perforated, NAPA fine grain leather, Alcantara and even color leathers
stitching can be also assigned by customers

Let us know what you really want and we will make one for you!

Ivan

Old 11-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
variation of designs on same type of steering wheel

Here is a very good example how we custom make steering wheels per customer's request
same molding, but in different surface finishes and material textures
As we said, a steering wheel will be Your Design, Our work!

Silver bottom, Alcantara wrap with RED ring on top and RED stitching

Carbon bottom, Alcantara wrap with RED ring on top and dark gray stitching

Carbon top and bottom and 2 inserts, perforated leather on sides and smooth leather on top

Carbon bottom with carbon inserts, black leather wrap with perforated sides and smooth top

Attached Images     
Old 11-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Marcos91 is infamous around these parts
Fantastic, that really is great news and will go perfectly with my new interior when it's fitted. Consider me a sale. Loving this forum so far

Do you take the current wheel's chassis/airbag and work on it or make one up from scratch? Just thinking of logistics from the UK and of course having a car with no steering wheel for a while...

Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 PM
E Ticket is infamous around these parts
Hi All,
I am a new member to 6speed and the AM steering wheel client that DCTMS mentioned at the beginning of this thread. My apologies for the lateness of this reply, as I have been meaning to post photos of the finished DCTMS steering wheel in my Vantage Roadster, but haven't been able to do so until now.

If anyone is interested in ordering a custom steering wheel, I would highly recommend Ivan and DCTMS! My wheel came out exactly how I wanted it and the quality is amazing. I was/am extremely concerned about quality, as I did not want a "cheap" looking or feeling steering wheel (or anything else) in my Vantage. And, to be honest, even after seeing photos and reading the great reviews about the DCTMS steering wheels on several other threads on 6 and other forums, I was still a bit skeptical (sorry, Ivan).

However, when my wheel arrived, I can't tell you how pleased I was with the quality and detail of the finished product, and to the exact design specs I gave to Ivan - the carbon fiber color and weave pattern, the perforated leather grips with color matching my interior and original wheel, the ergonomic thumbs rests (which perfectly match the position of the sportshift gear blades). Even the silver color stitching matched my interior's! For a final touch, I requested the red steering wheel stripe to match the red stitching on my custom floor carpets, which were made by The Vantage Collection (another fantastic product, btw!).

The ordering process with Ivan was also simple and smooth. It took a little longer than I expected (this was not Ivan's fault - it took the AM dealer several weeks to ship the core to DCTMS), but there were no other issues. Ivan was easy to communicate with, either by phone or email, and promptly called me back if I left him a vmail. He also provided me with email updates as to where the wheel was in the manufacturing process, when it was shipped, and when it was expected to be delivered.

Installation was also easy. My local AM dealership service department did it in less than an hour and returned my original core to me, which I promptly mailed it to Ivan in the same box that he sent the custom wheel (Ivan even included a typed return address card for me to tape onto the box). Also, if anyone is concerned, the AM service department confirmed that this custom wheel does NOT void any warranty, as it is an OEM core.

All wheel electronics (stereo and cruise controls, bluetooth, etc.) and the horn work perfectly - and I assume the airbag will, too.

It may not be for everyone, but I think it really makes the interior and looks so much better than the stock steering wheel. I also want to mention that the extra-thickness and the ergonomic thumb rests feel great in my hands - I even feel like I have better control of the car.

Thank you, Ivan and DCTMS - you have an awesome product, it truly is an extremely high-quality custom steering wheel!!

I hope you enjoy the pics!

Attached Images     
Old 11-19-2011, 09:17 AM
E Ticket is infamous around these parts
DCTMS steering wheel price

My apologies, as several members have sent me PMs, but I don't have enough posts to reply. They asked how much the steering wheel cost.

It was $1,499 + shipping, with core exchange. I checked with and called several other custom CF steering wheel shops, but they were quoting between $2,200 - 3,000 for a similar high-quality steering wheel.

I think DCTMS has the best price for an amazing high-quality wheel.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:44 PM
dehnert is infamous around these parts
Hey DCTMOTORSPORTS,

Is there any way you could relocate some of the switches on the steering wheel? I have noticed that they aren't very well positioned, especially compare to the switched on my BMWs. Looking at the airbag shape, it doesn’t seem like there is enough room on the wheel to place them closer to the thumbs. Perhaps a few could make it.

I like the look of the steering wheel. Personally I'd opt for a fatter than stock grip with alcantara covering. I like the flat bottom, but otherwise I'd keep it round for better street use. In a race car, I'd probably go for the contoured grips.

If only those switches could be re worked...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
Another Aston Martin carbon wheel ready to ship

We just complete another carbon wheel for DB9

Attached Images