Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Road trip!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 06:48 AM
PeterW is infamous around these parts
Road trip!

Guys,

Thinking about taking V8V for a weekend road trip early november to see some foliage. Was thinking Greenville, SC and Hwy 11. Any suggestions? I'm in Jacksonville, FL. and really don't want to drive too far.

TIA,
Peter

Old 10-28-2011, 04:53 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
A roadtrip in the Aston is great fun. My Wife and I just got back from a 2,000 mile trip from Lake Tahoe, NV up the CA Coast to Seattle and Samish Island. Attached is a Picture of the road from Red Bluff, CA to Eureka (Zoom in on the sign). I usually cruise between 75-80 on longer trips (but not on that road!). I keep my headlights on, which helps keep traffic moving out of the fast lane ahead. Fun Stuff.

Attached Images  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:10 PM
meteoritesilver is infamous around these parts
Just took a long solo drive from southern Ct to Vermont then to west point,NY back to Ct. Awesome drive. You're in for a blast.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Not if he goes far enough north to run into this snow storm.

Snow storm in October...unbelievable. Global warming my foot.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks, yeah I heard.. Guess we will stay around Florida. 80 deg today.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:09 PM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
I lived in Greenville 2007-2009, great place to stay for the week-end. Actually the nicest downtown/main street in the country. Stay at the Hampton Inn along the riverwalk, yeah hampton Inn doesn't sound too hot but it is. So much to do, moreso when it is baseball season, but still a beautiful and vibrant downtown.

Drive north on 14 to Landrum, then Tryon, 2 scenic towns with incredible mountain views, then take 176 to Saluda -- an inredible road you will NOT forget. From Saluda take 225 to Flat Rock and hendersonville to check them out. Beautiful area then just a half hour back to Greenville on 25. You could always check out the parkway from hendersonville.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:17 PM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
The pedestrian bridge over Reedy Falls park is just 100 yards from the Hampton Inn which has its own underground parking lot. The park is loaded with families until 10 pm even on weeknights. Such a beautiful and peaceful place. Many fine restaurants in the area, some nice shops and a horse and carriage going up and down main street.

The horse is a cool dude, loves attention. Maybe check the Peace Center for performers in November. Plenty of shopping nearby and tour the BMW factory and museum.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:25 PM
The pedestrian bridge over Reedy Falls park is just 100 yards from the Hampton Inn which has its own underground parking lot. The park is loaded with families until 10 pm even on weeknights. Such a beautiful and peaceful place. Many fine restaurants in the area, some nice shops and a horse and carriage going up and down main street.

The horse is a cool dude, loves attention. Maybe check the Peace Center for performers in November. Plenty of shopping nearby and tour the BMW factory and museum.
Thank you RacerX, I will check with Hampton inn. Let's hope no snow in mid-november. Getting 10k service done next weekend...the car will be ready for some fun.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Greenville looks beautiful. Thanks for posting. I'm currently with my Aston in Asheville, NC to visit the Biltmore Estate and drive the Blueridge Mtn. Parkway to see the fall colors. It's great here this time of year and the parkway is nice to drive even though you can't drive fast. BTW, we drove in last night with temperatures in the 30s because of a cold front that just blew in. Wow, these PZero Corsas are, uh, interesting in the cold.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Ha-Ha Snow. Unless things have really changed I would not worry about snow in Greenville. In the 2 winters I lived there, there were only 2 days with snow on the ground. Winter lasts about 5 weeks there even though you can see Mountains from downtown.

Magical climate for a hidden gem of a city. I would often be in shorts in late feb. Go to the Whole Foods, explore the Thronblade golf community, buy something at the Mast General store (LL Bean of the SE) and see all the great architecture in the area including some of the new business HQ bulidings along I-85.

Route 11 is a pretty road that intersects 14, I tried buying land on it. If you go, take a lot of pics, and you will enjoy the time spent there. Best 2 years of my adult life.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Racer_X, take the 1 hr 20 min ride down to Greenville for evening/dinner.

Speaking of rt 11 here are shots of the Cliff's community and golf that I looked at. I was on this golf hole and in this chapel. The view is probably the most impressive I have seen of its type for the steepness and panorama. I stood at the edge, wow.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Okay, I'm convinced. We're going to stop by Greenville on our way back to Atlanta. Thanks.