Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Hello from the uk ! meet Jessica

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 11:56 PM
RCAMV8 is infamous around these parts
What's going on Pomme? Glad to see you make it over to 6speed; welcome to the site. Really looking forward to hearing even more about Jessica. Rob C.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm curious if you had to change the PCM programming? I assume you changed the basic fuel and spark maps, but what about ford's ETC? At these increased airflows surely you ran into problems with the ETC expected torque values - how did you solve that?

Old 11-03-2011, 03:47 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Marcos91
Sounds about right - they're taking my car after Christmas and handing it back in February/March. 550bhp, thanks very much... You'll only need the exhaust and manifolds I guess whereas I need the internals modified as well.

However, lots of other toys for me to fit too but the V12V already has adaptive damping and great brakes so...

I'm sending him a v12, and we are doing some engine internals, as well as the bolt-ons. Mike has already been able to find 600+ hp across the board, and we are going to try what he calls his "secret sauce" to go even higher! We will be pulling the OEM brakes and adaptive damping, as well. using his own designed products.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:19 AM
pommehogster is infamous around these parts
For those who might be interested here is a link to the track day I did at Goodwood.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nichol...type=1&theater
There are some fab photos. Enjoy.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Marcos91 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CRVETR
I'm sending him a v12, and we are doing some engine internals, as well as the bolt-ons. Mike has already been able to find 600+ hp across the board, and we are going to try what he calls his "secret sauce" to go even higher! We will be pulling the OEM brakes and adaptive damping, as well. using his own designed products.
Wow, that's going to be incredible, a very special V12V! Look forward to hearing all about it and meeting up when you come over

Secret sauce sounds pretty good, might have to make a few enquiries...

Old 11-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Wow, that's going to be incredible, a very special V12V!
Think he was talking about getting a higher mileage (read cheaper) DBS, not a V12V.

BTW, what's it like owning/driving an Aston in London? My knowledge of driving in London is limited to what I've seen on Top Gear, but it looks like it'd be a pain in the a$$ to drive anything but a really small car in the city.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Think he was talking about getting a higher mileage (read cheaper) DBS, not a V12V.

BTW, what's it like owning/driving an Aston in London? My knowledge of driving in London is limited to what I've seen on Top Gear, but it looks like it'd be a pain in the a$$ to drive anything but a really small car in the city.
Not at all, really is no issue, just need to be aware and look in your mirrors. There are an awful lot of expensive cars and black cabs and these, just like you, are not looking to collide. Plenty of parking, though very expensive. Also the guys who sit in traffic...There are places to avoid so that rarely happens. Blatting round Mayfair early on a Sunday morning is one of life's great pleasures I find

London is fine, Paris is a different story, they park and manoevre by touch...

Interesting about it being a DBS not a V12V to be modified, I hadn't been paying attention - that means whatever lessons Bamford Rose take from the full rebuild on my car will be applied to his directly as there are very few differences under the skin.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Wow, that's going to be incredible, a very special V12V! Look forward to hearing all about it and meeting up when you come over

Secret sauce sounds pretty good, might have to make a few enquiries...

Should have been more descriptive. I'm sending him a DBS with about 3K miles.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Gotcha. Mine is going in as a 2006, 25,000 mile 450bhp DB9 so Bamford Rose will be doing the absolute full works on mine. Just looking out the office window at it sat there in the car park... poor thing has no idea what's coming

I believe it's also customary to give them a girl's name, like Ben has done with Jessica.

Remember the Bond film 'Thunderball'? The yacht was the Disco Volante... and I have a Volante... and the girl was called Domino... and rather nice she was too.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Remember the Bond film 'Thunderball'? The yacht was the Disco Volante... and I have a Volante... and the girl was called Domino... and rather nice she was too.
How about Alotta Fagina? Oh wait, that was an Austin Powers film, not a Bond film.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Mine will be called Gemma

Old 11-04-2011, 12:21 PM
CRVETR: Do you already have the car? If so, what color combo is it, and will you be changing that too?

Old 11-04-2011, 02:43 PM
pommehogster is infamous around these parts
Smile

Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
I'm curious if you had to change the PCM programming? I assume you changed the basic fuel and spark maps, but what about ford's ETC? At these increased airflows surely you ran into problems with the ETC expected torque values - how did you solve that?
Can't say too much about that as the vendor of the upgrade handled that aspect. Although I do know all of their upgrades work in tandem with original ECU without fault. I have no problems/warning lights just a seamless upgrade which hasnt affected the normal running of the car.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
CRVETR: Do you already have the car? If so, what color combo is it, and will you be changing that too?

Still negotiating. Actually, and this is kind of embarrassing, I have been in the hospital and rehab (my back and legs, not my nose! sniff, sniff) and am unable to drive. Why I would buy a car that I can't drive? I am hoping that I WILL be able to drive. Prospects are excellent, though. Think of me as James Bond with a walker............

I am waiting to buy until I get out at the end of the month. Color immaterial to me, as it would be a total respray.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Sorry to hear that. I wish you a quick recovery!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hello from the uk ! meet Jessica