Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Hello from the uk ! meet Jessica

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 06:36 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Sorry to hear that. I wish you a quick recovery!
Thanks, Racer

A couple more weeks at the most. I may have a bit of a difficult time getting IN the car, but buying one is not an option. I have been waiting too long.........

Old 11-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Marcos91 is infamous around these parts
Indeed, get well soon CRVETR. Like you say, NOTHING gets you back to being well like something to look forward to!

Is your plan to get the car and drive it for a while, or send straight to Bamford Rose for the work to be done?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:47 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Marcos91
Indeed, get well soon CRVETR. Like you say, NOTHING gets you back to being well like something to look forward to!

Is your plan to get the car and drive it for a while, or send straight to Bamford Rose for the work to be done?
Thanks for the kind wishes.....

This just in: Mike and I have spoken in the last few days and swerved away from our original plan. Due to the fact that the DBS is going to be updated significantly in MY 13-14, I have decided, with Mike's guidance, to buy a new Virage now, which he will tweak when he gets to the U.S. I will lease that for 2 years. I now have the first spot reserved with a dealer here for the new DBS, and will spec it at about 6 months to launch date. With Mike providing the extra ponies on the Virage in the meantime, and the interior upgrades as they are on a few that are available at showrooms now, I am content to drive one of these for a couple of years.

The overriding concern was that, when the new model comes out (considering the way that they will look and the hp gains) I would not have been happy to have the older version. Mike will take the new DBS and tweak it as soon as it hits the dealer's floor.

The Virage has the interior that I like with the updated bits that give a truly GT feel. This is a good short-term compromise. I'll have the DBS of my dreams with the addition of Mikes magic touch when it becomes available.

But I will still be coming to the U.K., so the pint is still on!

Last edited by CRVETR; 11-05-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:23 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I have A Milltek rear box with Larini Cats.... Did you replace your Milltek rear box with the original Aston V8 Vantage box and if so why?

Old 01-18-2012, 05:18 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CRVETR
I'm sending him a v12, and we are doing some engine internals, as well as the bolt-ons. Mike has already been able to find 600+ hp across the board, and we are going to try what he calls his "secret sauce" to go even higher! We will be pulling the OEM brakes and adaptive damping, as well. using his own designed products.
Is it necessary to change the internals to get 600hp?

Old 01-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by scottblack
Is it necessary to change the internals to get 600hp?
As far as I know, thru BR, yes. Of course there is always forced induction but you'd have to find someone else to provide that.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:37 AM
pommehogster is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
I have A Milltek rear box with Larini Cats.... Did you replace your Milltek rear box with the original Aston V8 Vantage box and if so why?

I had a Milltek rear box which I thought sounded ok but when I went to Bamford Rose and decided to go for their Manifolds and cats a few problems arose.
1) the intermediates didn't match up to both the cats and their rear box
2)On closer inspection the Milltek rear section had done away with both the protective heat shield which was a concern as with the heat produced from the exhaust there was no protection to the cv joints and also there was no centre mount which didn't affect my car but i do no of another fella who had the same exhaust and his had had quite a lot of problems because of this.
I put the original rear section back on for two reasons firstly with the new cats and manifolds the extra noise was too loud but the standard rear section produces the best sound.
Secondly the standard OE exhaust also has the bypass valve which along with the Bamford Rose switch fitted just below your right hand "UK car !!" allows you to choose full on or compliant without having to go to your boot and pulling fuse 22 .

Old 01-20-2012, 07:31 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I was able to use the center mont from the original pipes. The technician who did the work didn't seems to notice the lack of a heat shield. Anyway, with the Larini cats and the Miltek rear box the car really performs so much better. I've also noticed that the engine with over 13,000 miles on it has become stronger & more responsive. That said, given the opportunity, I'd go with the full BR modification (from 4.3 to 4.7 liters) with the new exhaust manifold.