Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Hello from the uk ! meet Jessica

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 11:55 AM
pommehogster is infamous around these parts
Hello from the uk ! meet Jessica

Hi Guys I thought I would add my little one and show what we get up to over here !!!
For those who look at pistonheads you might have hear of her if not this is what I have done to her, so far .........
I believe she is the most powerfull normally aspirated v8 vantage !
Engine: 526 Nm @ 5000 rpm / 475 BHP @ 7500 rpm
Powerflap induction system / K+N air filters
GT4 Racing specification ported and blueprinted cylinder head
4.7L displacement with machined from billet crankshaft, steel con rods and forged pistons
Light weight flywheel
Twin plate clutch
4-1 tuned exhaust manifold and Sports catalsyst

Braking:
380mm 2 piece front discs
6 pot calipers
330mm 2 piece rear disc
4 pot calipers
Pagid RS9-2 pads front and rear

Suspension:
Front and rear electronic switchable dampers
Lowering springs

Tires:
Pirelli PZero Trofeo
245/35/19 front
265/35/19 rear

Exterior:
GT4 Racing carbon fibre front lip
Carbon fibre body coloured rear valance
GT4 Racing carbon fibre rear difuser

Interior:
heater and radio dials
Indicator stalk shrouds
Machine from billet gear lever with quickshift kit.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:56 AM
http://thumbsnap.com/wHXAHicf.jpg
http://thumbsnap.com/s/wHXAHicf.jpg

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-01-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: active link to data miners and another forum
Old 11-01-2011, 12:08 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Very nice. Do you have performance data? 1/4 mile, 0-60, some other kind of test to show what the extra HP means in the real world. By the way, what's with the narrow tires?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Full performance data will follow but the supplier of the kit states that headline figures exceed V12V and it certainly feels like it. the est 0-60 is 4.05 seconds and after doing a track day at Goodwood along side the reining Gt4 vantage champions who made no ground I truely believe this figure. around the track Jessica lost no ground and on the straights showed over taking capabilities.
As regards to the tyres the bridgestone tyre has a rounder crown to the tread face so the actual tyre that sits on the road is less than the squarer face to the side wall. so when you put both tyres together end on end the Pirelli in wider.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Welcome to 6speed pommehogster . I'm "Rex Racer" on PistonHeads.

How did you estimate the 0-60 time? To be frank, I don't put much faith in estimates. Maybe you can run the car alongside another PH member's V12V from a rolling start to see which is faster?

Old 11-01-2011, 03:13 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Looks great! Is it DBR9 racing green? AM racing green?

Just curious if you have brake ducts or if the larger discs and Pagid yellows cope with the heat OK? I tried RS19 and OEM size Brembo directionally vented front discs (as used by N24 cars) and I still find I need to manage my brakes more than my tires (and I'm not even running R compounds, just RE11's)!

Old 11-01-2011, 03:45 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Welcome Jessica and the P-man!!

I have seen your posts on PH, and envy you. I have been working with Mike via Skype and phone and emails regarding the brief for my anticipated arrival and working the same magic to the used v12 DBS that I will be sending over to him. Although I have not seen your baby, I am aware that you had extensive 4.3 mods, and have seen some of the comments from those who drove her at Goodwood and elsewhere.

I hope that you find the community here inviting. We have not had the options in the States that you have had in the UK, so we are not as "road tested" as you are. So, a couple of questions from real world experience:

What does the engine pull like compared to 4.3L??
What is suspension and grip like??
Are you using Brembo, or Mike's design and are the brakes really that powerful??
What is driveability like, has aftermarket modification left any error messages?
Although you have not had her that long in this mod, what has reliability been like??

Look forward to reading your responses. Again, Welcome to America!

Old 11-01-2011, 03:46 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Wow, awesome project! Can you please elaborate on the "Powerflap induction system?" I assume it is a Whipple type supercharger.

Thanks,
Adam

Old 11-01-2011, 04:34 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
Sounds very nice, Pomme!

Tell me about the 4-1 pipes and cats. Mike says that with the pipes and cats that there is a lot of hp pickup all along the power curve?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:09 PM
facialcrunch is infamous around these parts
I'm interested in the times as well. Beautiful car!

Old 11-02-2011, 01:16 AM
Thanks to you all for such a warm welcome.
Firstly the colour is simply Aston Green.
I have been fortunate to be the first to have all of Mikes experience/knoledge.
Work started on Jessica back in March when the engine was removed and all the work which took her from 4.3 to 4.7 at that time the exhaust was fitted along with the lightened flywheel and duel plate racing clutch. the difference is phenominal almost to hard to quantify.
I then had her for the best part of 5 months and 6000 miles of driving taking in a long trip to Wales and an even longer trip to Scotland ! ( I live at the other end of the country in Southampton !)
Here is a link for all those who want to catch up with all the work in more detail.
http://pistonheads.com/gassing/topic...1%21&mid=40406
As regards to the brakes and suspension I have just had them put on and have managed 500 miles or so which does include a track day at Goodwood.
Simply amazing no fade at all. I like to think of myself as a smooth driver not to heavy on the anchors but around a track you do push that little harder but lap after lap absolutly nothing, and as for the tyres wow ! these are about as close as you will get to race tyres, but totally road legal. They seem to have endless grip or at least well past my capabilities as a driver to find the end of contact with the tarmac.
Alevine.
this isnt a pressure charged kit simply reworked internals ie porting and a totally new manifold,racing cat and sillencer set up.
All of the work intergrates very smoothly with the existing car, to look at under the bonnet you would have no idea of the power upgrades.
The Brakes are from a company called Alcon one of the worlds finest motorsport supplier, who supply alot to the industry.
The 0-60 time is very much real with have been up next to the reining GT4 Aston Martin and were nose to nose down the track. I must add that car is some 300kg lighter as well.
Real world driving is what counts, I have been fortunate to have owned or driven some amazing cars and now I have a car which is more than capable of keeping up with the best of them. if not beating them and best of all its an Aston !!
Hope that helps/makes sence ?

Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
is this thread about a girl who talks the talk and walks the walk?

Old 11-02-2011, 08:29 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Nice car! I wish somebody offer that kind of motor rebuild in the states.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RPVantage
Nice car! I wish somebody offer that kind of motor rebuild in the states.
I believe Bamford Rose is planning to invade the U.S. with their products/services. Not sure if engine rebuilds will be on the list of available services, but I do know that they're at least planning on offering full exhaust systems (manifold, cat, muffler system) here. I think I may do this on my V12V once the system is available (possible 2012). Should be enough to get me to around 550 bhp.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Marcos91 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Racer_X
I think I may do this on my V12V once the system is available (possible 2012). Should be enough to get me to around 550 bhp.
Sounds about right - they're taking my car after Christmas and handing it back in February/March. 550bhp, thanks very much... You'll only need the exhaust and manifolds I guess whereas I need the internals modified as well.

However, lots of other toys for me to fit too but the V12V already has adaptive damping and great brakes so...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hello from the uk ! meet Jessica