Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

RSC Carbon Diffuser install tip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:11 PM
bazonkers is infamous around these parts
RSC Carbon Diffuser install tip

I just spent 3 hours trying to install the diffuser from RSC and about 20 min actually installing it once I figured out why I was having so much trouble. Perhaps this tip will save someone some time.

The OEM brackets with nuts that the bolts screw into are slightly bent to accomodate the OEM diffuser (at least they were for me). On the stock diffuser, the bolts go in at different angles and this bend allows them to thread into the nuts straight.

On the RSC diffuser, both bolts go in STRAIGHT. If you try to use the bracket with nuts as it is, the bolts will not both thread. One will and then the other will not. You will beat your head on the pavement.

I took a hammer and gently banged the brackets until they were straight and the bend was gone. It worked amazingly well and now I have a snazzy new diffuser.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Photos.

Attached Images   
Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 PM
CRVETR has a spectacular aura aboutCRVETR has a spectacular aura about
The words "hammer" and "carbon fiber" should never be used in the same sentence.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Haha! Just to be clear, the brackets I had to flatten with a hammer were steel, not carbon fiber.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Always great to post tips like this for the benefit of others. And the diffuser looks great. A nice subtle CF touch on the car.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
I had the same experience.

I was under the car for an hour, before I figured it out! I alerted RSC to this and they were very nice and apologetic. However, RSC should really include a new bracket and instructions with the diffuser.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
I had the same experience.

I was under the car for an hour, before I figured it out! I alerted RSC to this and they were very nice and apologetic. However, RSC should really include a new bracket and instructions with the diffuser.
Point taken. I have been intending for some time to start making some instructions for a few of our products. For the most part it's not an issue because 9/10 times our products are installed by a shop.