Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

GMR Supercharger for V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaymoney
Keep in mind, the V12V prototype had 600HP and they had to scale it back because they couldn't keep it on the road.
Hey Jay, I've never heard this before. Where did you see this? I always figured they just didn't want the "baby Aston" to be more powerful than the DBS.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:08 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Here are some links. I can't find the quote by Bez, but I remember him saying something about the car feeling to raw so they decided to go with the dbs setup.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10804011...s-spied-update

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10902041...ntage-revealed

Last edited by jaymoney; 12-11-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:44 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Supercars.net also had the specs of the v12 and it too stated 600hp on the v12 concept (which is basically what the new v12 Gt3 is pushing).

As I always stated from day one (and people are now starting to realize) ... Aston has been sandbagging their cars from day one

Old 12-11-2011, 06:55 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Supercars.net also had the specs of the v12 and it too stated 600hp on the v12 concept (which is basically what the new v12 Gt3 is pushing).

As I always stated from day one (and people are now starting to realize) ... Aston has been sandbagging their cars from day one
I think it is safe to say that most Manufacturers leave HP on the table. I guess it leaves room for model extension or special editions. Porsche has been doing it for decades. I know that a 997TT will deliver 40-50 more HP from programming alone.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:17 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Yes, but Aston left way more than most

Old 12-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
The whole "short wheelbase argument" is total BS. How do I know? The Vantage has a longer wheelbase than most other sports cars, many with more power or better power/weighty ratios...Z06/ZR1, 911, R8, 458, etc. AM could have made up for traction issues with bigger tires but they chose not to...most likely so as not to step on the toes of DBS owners/buyers.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
AM could have made up for traction issues with bigger tires but they chose not to...most likely so as not to step on the toes of DBS owners/buyers.
Yeah, I'm thinking that not exceeding the hp output of the top-of-the-range DBS had to be a major factor in AM not going with the original 600 hp envisioned for the RS. Maybe Bez said something about too much power, but I just can't help but think that they didn't want to have the V12V outshine the DBS.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:54 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Makes you really wonder why they did not put the 600hp in the DBS....

Old 12-11-2011, 02:41 PM
True. Maybe that's coming in the next iteration.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
Chambered exhaust systems are a little different, but almos all aftermarket applications will use a 'straight through' box - ie, there is a solid pipe going in, and a portion of the pipe running throught he box is constructed from perforated pipe, which allows sound waves to escape into the silencer. Sound 'level' is determined by altering the amount of perforated pipe.

So it's pretty easy to do from a construction point of view. Actually, the RSC 'Touring' exhaust for V8 Vantage was originally designed as a specific customer request. Flaps are a little different, that means a full redesign of the system to accomodate 2 exhaust gas pathways and obviously the incorporation of the valves.

If you are interested in a customized sound level and a product which is available in North America, RSC offers customization as an option to all of our customers and currently has exhaust, catalyts and performance intake kit (filters) available for your vehicle.
Racer X, not sure if you missed this post?

Old 12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
I saw it. You were expecting a response from me?

Old 12-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Racer_X
I saw it. You were expecting a response from me?
Not expecting, just sounded like you were interested in customized sound levels for an exhaust, as well as some performance upgrades so I thought I'd let you know that we have those available if you were interested. Wasn't sure if you'd picked it up that's all

Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Actually interested in a full exhaust system, including headers, with the goal of reducing weight and increasing power to around 550 bhp. Is RSC working on headers also?

Old 12-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Yeah, I'm thinking that not exceeding the hp output of the top-of-the-range DBS had to be a major factor in AM not going with the original 600 hp envisioned for the RS. Maybe Bez said something about too much power, but I just can't help but think that they didn't want to have the V12V outshine the DBS.
I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel of the DBS and with no disrespect, The V12V out performs it now. There is no doubt that a V12V will make it around a track faster than a DBS and even in a straight line. I will say that the DBS is more handsome and has a better presence but there has to be a reason that AM is switching their racing platform to a V12V with the same power as the DBR. As far as wheel base and other issues, I have had some hairy moments in very good conditions with my car. I was warned by other owners and even people from Aston to be careful. There are definitely traction issues as well. I would love to see AM address translation of power as well as power itself. I feel that this car could be a lot faster if it were set up differently. All that being said, there are very few if any cars that I would rather have. The car just feels better, sounds better and is more exciting to drive. If the top came down, I would never own another car.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:59 PM
I guess what I meant is AM didn't want the less expensive Vantage trouncing the DBS, which it likely would with 600 bhp.

As for traction issues, what problems have you had? I really haven't had too many issues, except perhaps taking a turn with a bit too much throttle or accelerating with cold tires. Are you talking about traction issues off the line? On the track? I've done some pretty quick driving on some twisty roads with the car in track mode without problems.

Also, do you think an extra 50-100 bhp would be unusable? I could see it requiring greater control over the throttle, especially from a start, but it seems to me like the power wouldn't be wasted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GMR Supercharger for V8V