Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

GMR Supercharger for V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Actually interested in a full exhaust system, including headers, with the goal of reducing weight and increasing power to around 550 bhp. Is RSC working on headers also?
We are currently testing V8V 4-2-1 headers, and V12/DBS/DB9 headers will be next. That would be 4/4, at the moment just have 3/4 that you are looking for.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Great. Any idea as to when the V12V headers will be available?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Great. Any idea as to when the V12V headers will be available?
We're aiming for February next year, but still need to secure a car for development. All the other parts are compatible with the headers and these could easily be fitted at a later date. Just fitted Exhaust/Cats/Filters to a car here in Vancouver yesterday:

Old 12-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor
I guess what I meant is AM didn't want the less expensive Vantage trouncing the DBS, which it likely would with 600 bhp.

As for traction issues, what problems have you had? I really haven't had too many issues, except perhaps taking a turn with a bit too much throttle or accelerating with cold tires. Are you talking about traction issues off the line? On the track? I've done some pretty quick driving on some twisty roads with the car in track mode without problems.

Also, do you think an extra 50-100 bhp would be unusable? I could see it requiring greater control over the throttle, especially from a start, but it seems to me like the power wouldn't be wasted.
Looks like the V12V-R was announced today. We'll have to see whether BHP starts with a 5 or a 6!

Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Isn't the V12VR just a convertible version of the the coupe? The "R" is for roadster, right?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor
Isn't the V12VR just a convertible version of the the coupe? The "R" is for roadster, right?
Could be, I haven't read the press release yet. I was hoping it stood for 'lots more power + other cool stuff!'

Old 12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I believe it's a drop-top version of the coupe. AM had a convertible V12V test mule back in 2009. Looks like they've been saving this one for 2012.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I believe it's a drop-top version of the coupe. AM had a convertible V12V test mule back in 2009. Looks like they've been saving this one for 2012.
That V12V test mule was a Vantage S. If you look at the pics, it didn't have vents in the hood and it had paddle shifts which wasn't going to be available with the V12V.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Zectras is infamous around these parts
Check this:

www.gmr-uk.co.uk/