Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Screw size for mounting rear plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
Screw size for mounting rear plate

Does anyone know the proper diameter of the screws used to mount the rear plate (US spec)? I only have the top two in place. The stock screws are fairly long for the bottom portion of the mount and I don't want to scratch the CF under the bracket.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I had to replace the screws of my license plate on both cars I've owned and recall having to finagle something both times. Only problem is I can't remember exactly what my solution was. I do at least recall using relatively short screws, grinding down the sharp tips of the screws to avoid damaging the car, and applying a few spaced 1/2" thick pieces of foam weatherstripping (from Home Depot) to the back of the plate before putting it on the car to create some space between the plate and the car. With the foam, you don't need to screw down the screws as far (and risk threading into the car) and the plate won't vibrate or move around.

If you still need the screw size and length I used, I can take one of them out and measure. Just let me know.