Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Steering Wheel vibration after new tires + wheel balance + 50 miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Question Steering Wheel vibration after new tires + wheel balance + 50 miles

I have had some issues with steering vibration.

Been to have the wheels balanced with brand new tires. Drove the car and it was fine. No vibration.

However after about 50 miles I am getting very slight vibrations that get stronger after 65 mph. I have checked to see if any weights are missing from the alloys. Nope. Checked for mud. Nope.

The tyre fitter used bead/soap to get the tyre on the wheel. Has anyone experience loss of wheel balance due to the tyre moving ever so fractionally on the alloy rim and is the cure to not use any bead/soap ?

Doing some searches on google on various tire bibles etc this possibility does exist but I personally have never heard this happen.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:24 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Yes there is a good chance the tire could be slipping on the rim. The tire "soap" if they used alot of it, it is possible to get tire slip. The best way to check is mark the tire and rim with a line. Then drive the car like normal and then check your mark. If the line you made on the tire and rim are no longer touching then you have tire slip.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
if teh tires were just installed, and now they are vibrating..go back to teh garage taht installed them..explain and tell them you would feel at ease if they checked the balance again..they will rebalance and eat the cost..

it's very possible the tire has spun(I've done it will even little tire soap)..very possible the balance was off from the start and you hit the sweet spot speed that the vibration is most felt..none the less, all reasons you should go back to the garage before it's to late

Old 12-30-2011, 01:28 PM
meteoritesilver is infamous around these parts
bent rim?

I have had and still have bent rims on my amv8. Don't rule out a bent rim

Old 12-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
These are new alloys though...