Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM V8- AM Radio not working... questions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
K2snow is infamous around these parts
AM V8- AM Radio not working... questions?

After a long search, I have discovered the AM radio of my Vantage is not working. It has worked in the past but as of now, it seems to have zero output or sound.

Could anyone shine some light on my radio issue?

Thanks in advance...

K2

Old 12-31-2011, 10:24 PM
mark higinbotha is infamous around these parts
I had an 08 with this problem and the entire CD/radio unit had to be replaced. Fortunately it was still under warranty. I just purchased an early production 09 and it has the same problem. Unfortunately this car is no longer under warranty and the dealer quoted me a price of $1700 installed. I am also looking for a lower cost repair option. I now wonder how common this failure is and if the factory should just step up to the plate and cover them. On the bright side, I love listening to the engine so much that I rarely actually listen to anything.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:56 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K2snow
After a long search, I have discovered the AM radio of my Vantage is not working.
Originally Posted by mark higinbotha
I had an 08 with this problem and the entire CD/radio unit had to be replaced. Fortunately it was still under warranty. I just purchased an early production 09 and it has the same problem. ....
Hmmm, I thought I was doing something wrong. The AM in my 09 DB9 also seems to not be working.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 AM
This just seems odd... Why would the AM only be affected? I guess thank god for satellite radio to feed my talk radio fix.

This is just getting silly, the number of mishaps this car seems to have.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 PM
CRR
CRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud of
I'm another second owner of an '09 DB9 which had the AM radio problem. It was just fixed two weeks ago at local dealership under warranty. On invoice this says "due to fault in IAM, replaced I.A.M." It now works fine.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:39 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
When you guys say not working, is that no sound on AM or no reception on AM/

Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AMFixer
When you guys say not working, is that no sound on AM or no reception on AM/
In the case of my 09 DB9, I get no sound on AM. Even tuning to stations I know should work in my town, just crickets.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
mark higinbotha is infamous around these parts
In the case of my 08 AMV8, I seem to recall it was totally silent in AM mode. On my 09 I haven't actually heard it yet as it was just called out as "not working" during the Buyers Inspection performed by Aston Martin of Dallas. They quoted $1700 to replace the entire CD/Radio module as their fix.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:40 PM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
The cd/radio is all one unit on a 09MY, its called an Integrated audio module has CRR stated. Which stores the tuner for AM. I can post a step guide here if you guys want to try and DIY this.

Last edited by AMFixer; 01-02-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Had to call around on this one. The cd/radio is all one unit on a 09MY, its called an Integrated audio module. Which stores the tuner for AM. I can post a step guide here if you guys want to try and DIY this.
That would be awesome. This AM radio failure is sounding like a common problem, is there a root cause to keep it from happening again once the radio assembly is replaced?

Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by 62Jeff
That would be awesome. This AM radio failure is sounding like a common problem, is there a root cause to keep it from happening again once the radio assembly is replaced?

I can't say for sure, as I have yet to see this issue on a car.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I've seen a few.. AM not tuning to known good AM channels in area(no reception at all)..this concern was on the +09 models with IAM..have had it on V8V's and DB9's..solution was for IAM to be replaced..could not open units for they were covered under warranty so I couldn't explain further as to the "why" it ocured..best guess would be the AM circuit inside IAM ate the dust..

Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Same thing happened to my '09 V8V -- replaced under warranty. It's the only problem I've had with the car so far.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 PM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
Hmmm, never turned the AM radio in my car on wonder if it works...

Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 PM
The cd/radio is all one unit on a 09MY, its called an Integrated audio module has CRR stated. Which stores the tuner for AM. I can post a step guide here if you guys want to try and DIY this.

Could you please post the DIY for this problem. I am going to call our dealership to inform them of the problem, but because the vehicle is out of warranty, I expect to have an uphill battle with them to come up with a fix.

K2

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AM V8- AM Radio not working... questions?