Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Which One to Buy, New? Used?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:03 AM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Racer_X
I can't think of a replacement for my V12V, but I can think of a few cars that would make nice additions. I was just wondering if you were going to go for Vantage #3, but this time with twelve cylinders.

Yeah, I seriously would consider that-haven't driven one yet, but can imagine what the additional power brings to the table. I have a pretty busy summer planned too so the idea of the car sitting in my garage all summer made me more inclined to sell this one.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AttorneyMike
The replacement will probably be a Gallardo-don't know for sure, but that is the short term plan for now. A v12 vantage could also be in the cards-RacerX, not sure there is anything up from there-how can you want something different?

Not sure if it is true, but the rumor is that the V12V may not be in production too much longer. If so, then you should jump on one when you can if that is a serious consideration. If looking at a V8V, I suggest one with the 4.7L. I loved my 2007 and modded it, but it is always better to start with a bit more displacement.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:08 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
If you do go pre-09 I would highly recommend finding a 4.3L with the performance pack. It made a big difference for me. However I find the Vantage S to be very nice and there are some used ones out there. The only detractor of the Vantage S is SportShift only but the SportShift is a lot better than the previous models.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by scottblack
Not sure if it is true, but the rumor is that the V12V may not be in production too much longer.
Aston are near the original 1000 goal, but they apparently will start production of the V12V roadster soon. Not sure how many of those they will produce, or whether this means they will go beyond 1000 coupes or not. I guess we'll see.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:45 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Aston are near the original 1000 goal, but they apparently will start production of the V12V roadster soon. Not sure how many of those they will produce, or whether this means they will go beyond 1000 coupes or not. I guess we'll see.
Yes, rumors continue to swirl and I am not sure how firm Aston is on V12V production numbers. I've heard everything from attempts to replace the sport shift with the DBS / DB9 auto in the Vantage chassis to ending V12V production totally. One rumor was that manual tranny's were going to be dropped once a proper auto could be fitted.

But they are all rumors at this point. Who knows. Probably everyone of them is completely wrong.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:07 PM
lhanddds is infamous around these parts
From 06 to 07 the seats were improved and paddle shifting became available. In 08 the only improvement, that I know of, is the ipod connection. So your going to spend considerable money on an 08 vs a 07 with little to no improvement. In 09 there was the upgrade from 4.3 to 4.7 liters. I'm sure that is significant but I'm not sure on a daily basis it makes that much difference to you are not. Mine has 35,000 miles and has not had anything done but regular maintenance. It did have a computer problem with the convertible top that was taken care of under warranty. I drive it daily and it is not as comfortable as my 996 was, but it puts a bigger smile on my face.