Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Clear film protection for rear fender and sill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
Clear film protection for rear fender and sill

I have recently replaced the sills on my 2009 Vantage with N42 sills. However they do not have any film on them as they orginal ones from the factory. I live two hours from the nearest clear film installer, If I could find someone who could cut the pieces (they usally have the cut on plotter), and they could sell them to me and mail, I could easily install myself.

If possible I would want the matching part on the rear fender just above rear of the sill. I am not worried about saving money, but I have twice driven to DC to have the film installed and have not succeded. The first time the installer was "called away" at the last minute, today I could not get there in time as he had his floors being redone? (both times I gave a week advance for the appointment) I just do not want to drive 4hrs for a 20 minute job.

Does anyone have a suggestion.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:22 PM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
^^Mine came with the 3m stuff already from the dealer...

Old 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I got my helicopter tape from the dealer. The upper shark fin pieces were relatively easy to install, but the lower ones were much more difficult because of the contours of the sill. It takes practice to ensure that you don't get any air bubbles. Helicopter tape is substantially thicker than the typical VentureShield, so it's much harder to go around curves. If you've never installed protective film before it can prove to be a challenge, but there are plenty of Youtube videos to show you the process.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Where in MD do you live? I know a few installers who are out in some remote places...

Old 01-18-2012, 05:45 AM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I am in very southern Maryland, 5 miles south of Saint Marys College or 15 miles south of Lexington Park, or 45 miles south of Waldorf.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:44 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Wow you are pretty far out the only place I know down that way is MIR and I think your further out than that even.

I don't know anyone around your way but if you ever are around Eldersburg near Baltimore...there is Rob at Proform who does great work...He's done 3 cars for me in the past year...each had in exceptional clearbra when complete.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:24 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
let me know if i can help you out.

PM sent