Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New wheels!! (and info on aftermarket lug nuts)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 04:05 PM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
New wheels!! (and info on aftermarket lug nuts)

Recently picked up a set of 20" HRE P40s in the brushed finish. These wheels are absolutely amazing. The are gorgeous, and the finish is second to none. The fit is also nice and aggressive, IMO it compliments the v8v perfectly and makes it look a little more muscular. The rear wheel has a slight bit of concavity to it; looks simply amazing in person. There are PS2s/PS3s mounted on them (245/35/20 PS2s and 285/30/20 PS3s). Cant wait for the winter to be over and slap these on all four corners.

Also, the stock lugs were too thick to fit the HREs, so I did a bit of research and ordered a few different lug nuts. The ones in the below link fit perfectly and are only a tad bit longer than the OEM ones (41mm vs 36mm - and no, the 34mm option they have available did not work). But they are a lot thinner (19MM socket).

http://www.otisincla.com/product/B-D...41mm-Zinc.html

Here are a few teaser pics..
Name:  IMG_2024.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  54.3 KB
Name:  IMG_2025.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  63.9 KB

Old 01-23-2012, 04:22 PM
PeterW is infamous around these parts
Nice wheels, but that shelf scares me. I'd worry if things fall on the hood

Old 01-23-2012, 06:07 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Very nice man, so it sounds like you are waiting for winter to be over to put all four wheels on?

Old 01-23-2012, 06:14 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
looks super aggressive mind sharing your specs (offsets and widths) along with where you purchased (for possible referrals)?

Old 01-23-2012, 07:40 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Spline socket 1.5" closed end lugs are what is needed at the standard Aston pitch.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Lotus907 is infamous around these parts
You must be congratulated, superb wheels and in superb taste. I was so readying myself for another yak-black wheel thread.....

Looking forward to a spring-time photo shoot, seriously.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:24 AM
mingso is infamous around these parts
very nicely done ,congrats. just curious,have you ever consider the p40 conoical design?

Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 AM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
you mean lug bolts correct? I have bolts, and I also would like to replace them because of their size.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 AM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
Thanks everyone...I picked up the wheels slightly used so I saved a little bit over buying them new. They were pretty much brand new, I dont think the previous owner drove his car much at all. I dont know the offsets, but I can find out from HRE if anyone is really interested.

Zambono - the link I posted will work for you as they did for me..

Old 01-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chirag
Thanks everyone...I picked up the wheels slightly used so I saved a little bit over buying them new. They were pretty much brand new, I dont think the previous owner drove his car much at all. I dont know the offsets, but I can find out from HRE if anyone is really interested.

Zambono - the link I posted will work for you as they did for me..
Congrats on the wheels!
If you want spec details, email me a serial number off the wheel, and I can help you out.

Also, please send me some pictures of the car once the weather gets better

lonm@hrewheels.com

Old 01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
When are you putting all four on again? I wouldnt be able to wait!

Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 PM
rynacd is infamous around these parts
wheels look very nice...congrats

Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks everyone. CJ - I will throw them all on in the spring...pull the trigger already LOL...

Let me know if anyone wants the offsets etc, I will get them from Lon..(thanks Lon!)
I called HRE for some info and they were VERY helpful. Customer service was wonderful..

Old 01-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chirag
Thanks everyone. CJ - I will throw them all on in the spring...pull the trigger already LOL...

Let me know if anyone wants the offsets etc, I will get them from Lon..(thanks Lon!)
I called HRE for some info and they were VERY helpful. Customer service was wonderful..
We here for you. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Would anyone happen to know the OEM thread and size for a 2012 Vantage V12?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New wheels!! (and info on aftermarket lug nuts)