Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How long does it take to get bored with your car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 03:38 PM
nacelle is infamous around these parts
How long does it take to get bored with your car?

So.... do you get bored with your car? I've seen a few people sell their AM's after a year or two and jump into something else. Always lots of excitement when you first pick up a car and then...well... you just plain get bored with it.

So, how long have you owned your Aston? Are you going to keep it five years or more? I don't hear too often about 10 year old Aston's around here...

My history is almost always seems to get bored after a couple of years... no big proclamation here that I'm going to keep it for ten years but mine is a '10 Vantage and at this point I am far from bored with it which is unusual for me...

Old 02-02-2012, 05:40 PM
nexlogic has a spectacular aura aboutnexlogic has a spectacular aura aboutnexlogic has a spectacular aura about
7 to 10-months. Released my R8 V10 2011 after 9 months. Had my CLS63 AMG 2012 for 7 months and ready to release it. Both AMAZING cars, but ready to experience others - like an Aston Martin

Old 02-02-2012, 07:00 PM
QuantumN420 is infamous around these parts
1 year seems to be my threshold before I am ready to move onto something else. When I had my 2006 Vantage I sold it after a year and now I am selling my 2011 N420 Vantage after buying it a year ago.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:03 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
I had my 2006 vantage for 3 years and sold it, now I have a gallardo and I hope it last another 3 years.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:18 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I didn't get board with my V8 roadster until they released the V12V in the US. If they didn't, I'm pretty sure I would be driving a DBS roadster.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:08 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Sadly after only 3 months I am considering trading for a Ferrari.

The Aston is the most beautiful car ever designed and a pleasure to drive.
But the N400 lacks power for me....it's a tough call

Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Hope to enjoy my db9 for a long time yet... It's an epic car in so many ways... The most beautiful car I think in the last few decades designed along the same lines as say the jag xk as do Many automotive journalists.... great performance and wonderful GT cruiser... Very subtle, elegant, and exudes style with a sence of poise and grace. In a lot of ways its the perfect supercar...understated enough to keep negative attention away yet brilliant enough to attract the discerning enthusiast eye and those that don't even know a out cars know their just something special about it as it has so much presence.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sunir
Hope to enjoy my db9 for a long time yet... It's an epic car in so many ways... The most beautiful car I think in the last few decades designed along the same lines as say the jag xk as do Many automotive journalists.... great performance and wonderful GT cruiser... Very subtle, elegant, and exudes style with a sence of poise and grace. In a lot of ways its the perfect supercar...understated enough to keep negative attention away yet brilliant enough to attract the discerning enthusiast eye and those that don't even know a out cars know their just something special about it as it has so much presence.

+1 for my 2008 V8 Vantage. Most beautiful car ever designed. Perfect proportions from every angle. A rolling piece of ART.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I only replaced my V8V when I traded it in for the V12V. I can see trading in the V12V for the next generation Vantage, but I'm not in a hurry to leave the marque. I could, however, see adding another car to the mix assuming I have the extra cash and space.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:03 AM
CTP855 is infamous around these parts
Everyone is different, and the length of time we keep cars depends on the person and their situation. I have a tendency to keep my cars for a long time. I have a 1964 Corvette convertible, original 327, in pristine condition, that I've had for nearly 30 years. My daily driver is a 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser that I've had since new. It runs great and is in excellent condition.

My 07 V8V runs great and has very low miles. It's hard to believe its actually 5 years old. At this point, it's probably worth more for me to keep it than sell it. I believe the V8V of any model year is still the best looking car on the road!

Old 02-03-2012, 01:03 PM
nacelle is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CTP855
I believe the V8V of any model year is still the best looking car on the road!
So true............

Also, nice to read about someone that hangs on to their cars.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CTP855
Everyone is different, and the length of time we keep cars depends on the person and their situation. I have a tendency to keep my cars for a long time. I have a 1964 Corvette convertible, original 327, in pristine condition, that I've had for nearly 30 years. My daily driver is a 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser that I've had since new. It runs great and is in excellent condition.

My 07 V8V runs great and has very low miles. It's hard to believe its actually 5 years old. At this point, it's probably worth more for me to keep it than sell it. I believe the V8V of any model year is still the best looking car on the road!
That is awesome you have kept a car for 30 years! I admire that ... that's almost as long as I've been alive... I am 36 years old and so far I've not kept a car for nearly so long, even in fact just over the last couple of years, I've been through 6 or 7 cars...Porsche Turbo, benzes, M3s etc... now the longest I've ever had one car is my race car, it's an original M3 CSL (E36 LTW which I've now owned for 10 years and raced competiively for 4 years and now use when I instruct at PCA or other HPDE events) I've had my very nicely modded SL55 AMG for about 5 years but am selling that one, which leaves my Porsche GT2, Aston Martin Db9 and my beloved Volkswagon 337 (limited edition) GTI. I am tapped out on space since I live in the city and garage space is at a premium.

I hope to keep the DB9 for a good while, I really like this car a lot ... I do feel a little old in it but that's ok it's a stylish and very classy ride, great v12 engine and sounds amazing as it glides thru the streets with grace. I also hope to keep my GT2 for a while. There is nothing quite like that car, it's violent and it's brutal but it feels so visceral, so connected, and simply no substitude in it's performance...I hope to add something Italian to the stable next...

Old 02-03-2012, 01:40 PM
vdubjetta02 is infamous around these parts
I don't have as nice of cars as most of you, but I seem to get rid of my Audi's every 1 1/2 to 2 years.... the first year I love it, the second year, I try to decide what to buy next!

Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by vdubjetta02
I don't have as nice of cars as most of you, but I seem to get rid of my Audi's every 1 1/2 to 2 years.... the first year I love it, the second year, I try to decide what to buy next!
Sure you do...I love Volkswagon and Audi (VAG rules!!) ... when you trade in your Audi's do you replace them with Audi's also?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
bazonkers is infamous around these parts
I'll get bored of my Aston when people stop staring at it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How long does it take to get bored with your car?