Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 Vantage database - help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Mako V12V is infamous around these parts
V12 Vantage database - help!

Hello fellow Aston owners! I've just registered here and am a frequent poster on PistonHeads Aston Martin forum in the UK.
I'm a proud owner of a V12 Vantage in Mako Blue #307.

I'm trying to compile a record of as many V12V cars as I can, from personal sightings, or adverts on the net, or from fellow forum members. Some of these records are backed up by photos too.

I understand that Aston Martin completed unit #1000 in early January 2012 and we have been led to believe that production of this fantastic car will now cease, who knows!

If any V12V owners on here would like to postup, or email me any of the following info and/or photos of their car, that would be great:-

Chassis (last 3 digits)
Registration date
Reg (incl previous reg if applicable)
Colour 1 (ie blue)
Colour 2 (ie Mako)
Interior colour - upper/lower
Headlining and carpet colours
Facia trim and brake calipers
Seat type - sports seats or lightweight buckets
Audio system - 160W/700W/1000W B&O
Country (UK/USA/Germany/Australia etc)
Notes - optional extras such as front park sensors, garage door opener, heated seats etc.

I'm also trying to obtain at least 3 photos of each car - front/side, rear/side and interior.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Old 02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I just heard a confirmation that they will be making a V12V roadster for 13.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi Jay, yeah heard that too. I think there's going to be an official announcement at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
Nice looking V12V you have there! Is it Titanium or Lightning Silver? Could I possibly have the last 3 vin numbers and any other info as detailed above?
I have over 160 different V12V records on my register at the moment but not very many US cars.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:18 AM
No one with a V12V on here??

Old 02-14-2012, 06:37 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
There are a few of us

Old 02-14-2012, 07:29 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Just seems a little weird. We're a bit cautious with privacy over here.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Scott/Jay, thanks for your replies. Here is my thread on Piston Heads forum
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...se+%2D+help%21

Some owners have posted up their details (one from Canada!), others have pm'd them me. I'm okay if you dont give me your reg plate details, I dont want your name or address either or where the car is located.
I'm only really after the last 3 vin numbers not the full chassis number, and just some details about interior/exterior colours and options.

I understand privacy etc but cant see there are any issues at all with this. You can always pm me?

This register I'm doing is for my own personal interest and will never be published or used in any commercial way at all. If you like, I'll pm you my own car details as an extract from the register?

As for being weird, it may be just a British thing, but it is quite common over here for people to produce registers of limited edition cars (another forum member of PH is doing a One-77 register) and with Aston Martin's Heritage here in the UK I think it's an interesting and useful exercise to do.

My friend's father is the Register Secretary of The Riley Owners Club, a 1940/50's vintage car which has a worldwide following and he regularly helps people out with car history etc.

I hope you appreciate my good intentions and explanation above, and hope you now feel comfortable with supplying me with just a few details of your fantastic cars!
Cheers - Phil

Old 02-15-2012, 11:20 AM
The system wont allow me to PM yet so my email for info is gt3phil@gmail.com

Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mako V12V
The system wont allow me to PM yet so my email for info is gt3phil@gmail.com

I sent you the info via email today.

Scott

Old 02-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks Scott, very kind of you

Old 02-20-2012, 05:13 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaymoney
Just seems a little weird. We're a bit cautious with privacy over here.
ummm ... Kind Sir please also include all credit card number, home address, and social Security information...there is a young Nigerian princess who is trapped against her will and can really use your help.... !!!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
ummm ... Kind Sir please also include all credit card number, home address, and social Security information...there is a young Nigerian princess who is trapped against her will and can really use your help.... !!!
Another, I saved one last year with 10k in travelers checks. Soon we will be together and I will be the Prince of Zamunda and when her father Jaffe Joffer steps down I will be king.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 PM
This is no different than the Shelby world, where cars are heavily documented. I get why he asked.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.
Here is the link to the One-77 registry I mentioned:-
http://www.astonone-77.com/

Old 02-23-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm delighted to say I've just obtained my first New Zealand V12V, also a Mako Blue example #301 and which was probably on the production line at the same time as my #307!
Thanks to Mark at AM Auckland for the info!