Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Thoughts on these wheels..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by astonboy
I have got exactly the same wheels on my car ... I like them!

Attachment 169982
What color is your car?

Old 02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedracer800
Thanks for the replies. Like I said, I'm a new AM owner so forgive me for asking what might be a dumb question, however do you guys think the chrome wheels that came with this car (pictured) were "chromed" by a previous owner? Did Aston Martin offer this wheel in 2005 chrome as OE?
AM has never offered chrome wheels. Previous owner had 'em done. If you decide you want a set of wheels in the OEM finish, send me a PM...I've got a like-new set in boxes laying around in my garage.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:50 PM
007DBS is infamous around these parts
Chrome wheels are unacceptable on any luxury sports car over 50K... especially modern exotics. I can tolerate it on a XLR....maybe.....but on an Aston forget it. Takes away from the refined, cultured, sophisticated, regal stance and cheapens it.

That's just my general view on chrome wheels. Otherwise your DB9 looks beautiful and good luck with her.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:02 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RossL
I just had my wheels done in gun metal color.

Before:

After:
RossL ... where in MD are you? That first pic is that in front of the AM dealership in Tysons? ....VERY nice gunmetal finish on your wheels, I was thinking of doing the same on my DB9 sport wheels (pic below), but not sure, I may just do the barrels and windows and leave the face bright silver...just thinking of some options...where did you get yours done, were they done local?

OP...you can leave chrome wheels on your DB9 it's not that bad...the style of wheel you have works fine being in chrome and because your car is black it works with chrome wheels also...really not bad with your color combo If you want to change the finish, factory silver or gunmetal gray always seem to work well... Nice DB9 ...well played Sir

Old 02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Yes that is from Tyson's. I live in Sykesville and there is a place out here that has done a few sets of wheels for me. They do decent work and are well priced. http://www.mdpowdercoating.com.
Here's another example of their work on my old M3:

Last edited by RossL; 02-15-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:11 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ interesteg buddy...Where do you take you aston for service? Do you take your car to John Behe (Behe Performance) by any chance?...I was talking to him today and he mentioned recently doing a service on a black Vantage...he used to be up in Sykesville now he is in Beltsville. He says he has a good deal of experience working on Astons. I've gotten service done on my Porsche GT2 from him in the past.

I will certainly look into the wheel place you mentioned. Thanks

Old 02-15-2012, 06:01 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
John has worked on all of my cars including my Noble! He's a good guy. Currently the Vantage is under warranty so I take it down to Tysons for service.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:59 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Why yes I did! Please don't tell me if you have a horror story about the car! I don't want to hear that my new hot girlfriend used to be a dude!
No, absolutely no story here. I live near that dealership and saw your hottie on the lot a few months ago.

My apologies on the side track. Back to the topic - you could always consider a set of OE DBS rims.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:02 AM
speedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nice
Originally Posted by cret
No, absolutely no story here. I live near that dealership and saw your hottie on the lot a few months ago.

My apologies on the side track. Back to the topic - you could always consider a set of OE DBS rims.
That's good to hear...no stories! Phew!

I searched long and hard for a super clean, lower miles, 2005 6-speed car. Not easy to find to say the least. Then I came across this one and it happened to be local to me and it was perfect. I considered many other cars before an Aston Martin. I was moving from my 996tt, so obviously power was very important to me. I loved the Porsche, but it was a tiptronic car and I really missed the big front engine, 6 speed experience I now have with my DB9. Once I sat in this car and started it up, I knew it was exactly what I wanted. This stinking weather has kept in the garage all winter though...come on spring!

The paint has the typical very light swirl marks and such from a careless wash or 2 so I have Ivan from LUSTR Detail in Hoffman Estates coming today to give it the full paint restoration work-over. I'll post some pics when he is done. The guy is pretty amazing..

Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 AM
CPB
CPB is infamous around these parts
Wheels......

Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 AM
That's good to hear...no stories! Phew!

I searched long and hard for a super clean, lower miles, 2005 6-speed car. Not easy to find to say the least. Then I came across this one and it happened to be local to me and it was perfect. I considered many other cars before an Aston Martin. I was moving from my 996tt, so obviously power was very important to me. I loved the Porsche, but it was a tiptronic car and I really missed the big front engine, 6 speed experience I now have with my DB9. Once I sat in this car and started it up, I knew it was exactly what I wanted. This stinking weather has kept in the garage all winter though...come on spring!

The paint has the typical very light swirl marks and such from a careless wash or 2 so I have Ivan from LUSTR Detail in Hoffman Estates coming today to give it the full paint restoration work-over. I'll post some pics when he is done. The guy is pretty amazing..
show us some more pics of your lovely DB9...I didn't know they offered a 6 MT in the '05 cars. I really like the black color once clean looks amazing...is the interior dark as well?

My DB9 is slate blue over obsideon black, arctic blue deviated stitching and carpets and taylors gray headliner, it's a 6 MT also with the sport pack, a very rare car to find, turns out mine is also one of a handful of press cars Aston made from the factory, which is a pleasent surprise the BMW/VW/Audi dealer selling it had no idea neither did I until I did more research on the car prior to purchase. As it turns out it was a showcar for the LA Autoshow as a 2007 build, says it right there on the door sill and has 'Press Garage' engraved on the engine cover...the dealer never bothered to even look!! lol!

Last edited by sunir; 02-17-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:21 PM
speedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nicespeedracer800 is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
show us some more pics of your lovely DB9...I didn't know they offered a 6 MT in the '05 cars. I really like the black color once clean looks amazing...is the interior dark as well?

My DB9 is slate blue over obsideon black, arctic blue deviated stitching and carpets and taylors gray headliner, it's a 6 MT also with the sport pack, a very rare car to find, turns out mine is also one of a handful of press cars Aston made from the factory, which is a pleasent surprise the BMW/VW/Audi dealer selling it had no idea neither did I until I did more research on the car prior to purchase. As it turns out it was a showcar for the LA Autoshow as a 2007 build, says it right there on the door sill and has 'Press Garage' engraved on the engine cover...the dealer never bothered to even look!! lol!

You got a pretty amazing car there. I love that color combo..really hot. What a great score for you. Really like the clear tail lights. I'm going to get on those asap as well. Congrats!

I'll get some more pics up when he is done with the detailing for sure. This guy is a maniac. Been on this paint for about 8 hours so far and thinks he's going to have about 12 hours total just in the polish...but WOW, what a difference. The black looked great before, but it looks gray next to the jet black he is uncovering. If you are in the Chicago area and need a fabulous detail guy.. I found him!

Old 02-17-2012, 03:23 PM
You got a pretty amazing car there. I love that color combo..really hot. What a great score for you. Congrats!

I'll get some more pics up when he is done with the detailing for sure. This guy is a maniac. Been on this paint for about 8 hours so far and thinks he's going to have about 12 hours total just in the polish...but WOW, what a difference. The black looked great before, but it looks gray next to the jet black he is uncovering. If you are in the Chicago area and need a fabulous detail guy.. I found him!
thanks bro...I love the shape of the db9...and when a black car is perfectly detailed it looks amazing, cant wait to see pics of yours!!! some guys black out their front grille but I dunno if I like that too much, I think the grille in one of the defining features of the DB9...

Old 02-17-2012, 03:57 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Please do! we can't wait! Spring is right around the corner.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 AM
mcm66 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cret
My thoughts. I had 20inch polished face and gunmetal on car when I bought it, didn't like them and fitted DBS wheels. Huge improvement along with DBS spoilers/skirts IMO.
(have wheels and tyres 9.0j and 11.0j with 245/35-20 and 285/30-20 taking up space in my garage)

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on these wheels..