Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Wheels on V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 08:35 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Aston Curious
Got the wheels delivered today. F**K they're gorgeous! In absolutely mint condition and the tires are pretty much new as well. Thanks again CJP for the heads' up, that was a total score! We can't award pilchards here but I owe u a pint or three for sure if you're ever up in TO!

Tried to find the offset code for the rears in answer to 007V's question but couldn't find it. Can someone give me a clue where to look?
Sure thing I'll keep you in mind if I'm ever in Toronto! And glad you liek them, I was just as happy when I got mine. Threw mine on the same damn I got mine.

Originally Posted by Aston Curious
I assume so but that was a picture from the listing which was zoomed in so couldn't tell the location of the text. I was looking at them w fairly poor lighting in the garage tonight. Will have another look tomorrow or on the weekend as they're packed away now but thought I'd ask here in case anyone knew precisely where to look for it.
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Wheel info is usually stamped on the back of the spokes (several of them)
You should be able to find it right on the back, it will say "ET45" on the back outer rim.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Hmm, could not find the offset. I went over both rears with a flash light and did not find the ET#. On the interior surface of one rim I found a bunch of numbers engraved (max load, S/N, 'Made in England') but did not see the offset anywhere. I feel a little clueless on this one, my apologies, if someone can enlighten me further I'll go back and have another look.

Btw, I note the lead balancing weights on the wheels have some on the inside rim (not visible) and some on teh outside (visible). Is there is a downside to relocating all weights to the inside?

Oh and can anyone tell me why spacers for AM wheels are so pricey? Seems like fairly simple machining and minimal materials, is there a reason that they cost hundreds of $$$?

Old 03-05-2012, 03:56 PM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Wherever the 'ET' is on the front wheels, it should be in the same location on the back wheels since the only diff is the wheel width. they are manufactured and stamped using the same process.

You can't relocate the weights w/o having them rebalanced. It's 'better' to have them on the inside and outside (takes less weight), but almost every high end car and/or wheels, people have them all placed on the inside.

I don't know how much you are paying, but you can get custom machined spacers for not a huge amount from several custom shops. I had a set made to order for my Jag for $175, and those included the lug bolts, not just a simple spacer.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Wherever the 'ET' is on the front wheels, it should be in the same location on the back wheels since the only diff is the wheel width. they are manufactured and stamped using the same process.

You can't relocate the weights w/o having them rebalanced. It's 'better' to have them on the inside and outside (takes less weight), but almost every high end car and/or wheels, people have them all placed on the inside.

I don't know how much you are paying, but you can get custom machined spacers for not a huge amount from several custom shops. I had a set made to order for my Jag for $175, and those included the lug bolts, not just a simple spacer.

Thanks, didn't see them on the fronts either actually but will look again.

That cost for spacers sounds about right to me. In contrast, the cost for a pair of spacers (front or back) is around 7-800 from vendors who have them 'ready to go' from what I've seen.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:01 PM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough
One-77 Wheels for V8V?

Guys,

I am trying to locate a source of the wheel shown below for my V8V. Does anybody know who the OEM manufacturer is or what other wheel companies make this wheel?

Attached Images  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:14 PM
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ge-wheels.html

Guys just to let everyone know im parting out my car and selling it off. So these are up for grabs.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
"Parting out" your car

Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 PM
I mean just selling the wheels/cats off, then selling the car with the powerpack and exhaust. I'm not stripping the car for parts haha

Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
That's what I was hoping, but you scared me