Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage Roadster Owner - Hello

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 05:51 PM
orlanderlv is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Speedraser
No it's not. You're not giving the Aston enough credit (which seems to be a common malady when it comes to performance ). The Audi will obviously launch harder with its all-wheel-drive traction, so it has the edge in the ever-popular 0-60 figures, but the V8V is going faster at the quarter mile, which is less dependent on the launch. Of course, the Aston doesn't have the mid-range torque of a turbo car (which also makes the V8V feel less quick), but use the gearbox and the Aston is the quicker car -- certainly not a "fair bit slower."

Enjoy it. It's a wonderful car, and it's faster than you think
Yeah, my TT RS routinely did 0-60 in sub 4sec times. Far faster than the un-tweaked v8 Vantage Roadster. The TT RS is a track car so quarter mile times aren't a real factor as most tracks are 70%+ curves. The TT RS is a far far superior track car but who cares. The TT RS is a TT. It's ugly compared to the hand made Aston.

If I can increase the 0-60 times, handling and braking I think i'm going to really enjoy the Aston more. I won't ever take it on the track but I didn't buy it for that. I'm buying another car to track instead.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
0-60 improvement - wait for Bamford Rose to come state side or supercharge it
Handling - get the sport pack retrofitted and the Vantage S steering rack
Brakes - get the Vantage S 6 pot fronts retrofitted (Brembo Gran Turismo kit IIRC)