Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Danica Patrick should have Bought an Aston-Martin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:30 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Danica Patrick should have Bought an Aston-Martin

But then we could have told her that--and she'd also get a "cup-holder" (included at no extra cost) for her Coffee.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...ercedes_022012

Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
So she can't afford to have two cars? A practical one and a fun one? Would have thought "Go Daddy" paid better.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:58 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I believe she did buy one but she said it was too slow.

“To take a step up from a 645 was tough,” she said. “I went and tried out an Aston Martin Vantage because I thought [it] was a cool-looking car.”
The problem?
“Slow,” she said with a laugh. “Not good enough off the line.”

Old 02-22-2012, 12:21 PM
007DBS is infamous around these parts
WOW this just shows how deceptive yahoo is getting. As the average person reading this article would be completely mislead in thinking the v12 vantage (0-60 under 4sec) was too slow for danica hence she went tor a base gallardo (which has about the same stats for acceleration) notice meanwhile yahoo showing photo of a superleggera.

The truth is, she probably felt (understandably so) that the 4.3 V8V was a bit sluggish.

Unbelievable, if they can twist an article about this I don't want to imagine the damage they have on peoples perceptions of the truth on news that actually matters.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
She's not that great a driver. We can do better as far as pro reps are concerned.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by 007DBS
WOW this just shows how deceptive yahoo is getting. As the average person reading this article would be completely mislead in thinking the v12 vantage (0-60 under 4sec) was too slow for danica hence she went tor a base gallardo (which has about the same stats for acceleration) notice meanwhile yahoo showing photo of a superleggera.

The truth is, she probably felt (understandably so) that the 4.3 V8V was a bit sluggish.

Unbelievable, if they can twist an article about this I don't want to imagine the damage they have on peoples perceptions of the truth on news that actually matters.
It's all relative, but I think their point was that the Vantage (no matter which model) won't get off the line as fast as any Lambo. AWD makes a big difference there. The V12 doesn't get to 60 in under 4 seconds...no car in AM's lineup does. That's not their sweet spot.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:24 PM
bluesun is infamous around these parts
It said she bought the car in 2007 so she was driving a car that many here claim is slow too. But she readily admits she was extremely stupid to try to pick up a woman, with a dog, from the airport in the Gallardo. Maybe the 4 door Aston would work, but it wasn't available back then.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
It's all relative, but I think their point was that the Vantage (no matter which model) won't get off the line as fast as any Lambo. AWD makes a big difference there. The V12 doesn't get to 60 in under 4 seconds...no car in AM's lineup does. That's not their sweet spot.
I think Yahoo fooled you into thinking she bought a post 2009 gallardo haha again reinforcing my frustration stated in my first post.
hidden in the article writer says she bought the car in 07 and a new gallardo back then would be slower than the V12V

Look its very hard for the average driver to launch these cars to their potential stats, even under perfect track conditions, let alone on public streets which I wouldn't recommend anyways. Also you're 100% correct AWD does make a big difference especially for people who have traction issues when launching from a stop. But The V12V is no push over and will hold its own relatively well compared to a BASE Gallardo (gets mid-high 3's this is assuming its a post 09 which isn't the case)

You're wrong the V12 is a faster than the DBS. My DBS will is not the fastest kid on the block but will do a hair over 4 and I'm no race car driver. Think DBS power + lightest current Aston Martin = under 4 seconds V12 Vantage

A Gallardo is fast, faster than the V12V that wasn't not my issue. Danica felt her V8 vantage was slow and bought a gallardo... perfectly fine.

“To take a step up from a 645 was tough,” she said. “I went and tried out an Aston Martin Vantage because I thought [it] was a cool-looking car.”

The problem?

“Slow,” she said with a laugh. “Not good enough off the line.”

(Note: Aston Martin claims the Vantage V12 goes from 0-62 mph in 4.2 seconds. So slow is a relative term.)

“I had all these criteria levels,” Patrick continued. “So to take it to the next level I had to make a real jump.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...ercedes_022012

Yahoo inferred she was unhappy with her V12V (not V8V that she owns and is obviously stating) and needed something that got her "off the line" quicker...everything she says is true and completely understandable until Yahoo twists it.

aston understates the numbers often... especially with the V12V.

AM to customer: umm yea expect to pay $100K more for our flagship DBS...by the way its gonna be a little slower than.....ughh

Old 02-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Ok you're right...I missed that it was a 2007 Gallardo, which would have been the 512 hp version, which she would have compared to the 07 4.3 Vantage, so that explains the slowness comment (4.1 vs 5.1 seconds 0-60). But even still, the 07 Gallardo is faster than a V12 Vantage. AM may claim it runs 0-62 in 4.2, but real world tests show it runs 0-60 in 4.2-4.3, not less than 4 seconds. I guarantee you it can't be done on a stock car. The DBS was also tested to run 0-60 in 4.2-4.3. The only faster test was with the touchtronic 2 with shorter final drive which made it in 4.1. I had a supercharged 4.3 vantage with over 600 hp and the best 0-60 I was able to run was around 4.3...but get it rolling and it moved. The point was that these cars aren't great off the line, but when they get rolling they do pretty well.

Yahoo does IMPLY that it was a V12 vantage, but in the end the point is the same. She test drove a Vantage and didn't like it so she didn't buy it. If this was today she would test the LP560 vs the V12 and find the V12 to be, relatively speaking, "too slow."

Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
the 07 Gallardo is faster than a V12 Vantage. AM may claim it runs 0-62 in 4.2, but real world tests show it runs 0-60 in 4.2-4.3, not less than 4 seconds. I guarantee you it can't be done on a stock car. The DBS was also tested to run 0-60 in 4.2-4.3. The only faster test was with the touchtronic 2 with shorter final drive which made it in 4.1.
Anyone who claims that a V12V or DBS can break 4 seconds 0-60 is dreaming, including 007DBS. Even if it is done once by some magical aligning of the planets, if it can't be done repeatedly by the automotive press then it simply isn't true.

And FYI, the manual DBS has a shorter final drive than the auto DBS (same for the DB9).

Old 02-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I had a supercharged 4.3 vantage with over 600 hp and the best 0-60 I was able to run was around 4.3...but get it rolling and it moved. The point was that these cars aren't great off the line, but when they get rolling they do pretty well.

Yahoo does IMPLY that it was a V12 vantage, but in the end the point is the same. She test drove a Vantage and didn't like it so she didn't buy it. If this was today she would test the LP560 vs the V12 and find the V12 to be, relatively speaking, "too slow."
Tahoe, I see you sold the supercharged Vantage. When did you sell? What are you driving now?

In regard to all this speculation of what Danica Patrick would or would have not found to be too slow, I think it's clear that she found the 4.3L V8V too slow. We really can't conclude anything more than that with certainty. That said, I don't think she'd find the V12V to be too slow. Yes, it's "slower" than an LP560, but that's like being disappointed because your beautiful date is a bit less attractive than Adriana Lima.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:29 PM
I can care less about being off a couple tenths of a sec on the actual V12V 0-60 mph time. I let my 13 year old nephew debate and keep track of those stats...

My point was Yahoo falsely implying something Danica did not mean and many people reading the article would be mislead multiple times.

1. showing pic of 2012 gallardo superleggara... she bought a BASE 2004-2007??
2. quoting her displeasure with a 06-07 4.3 v8v's acceleration then adding she was not pleased w the new V12V's acceleration

just annoying and disrespectful to the interviewee

Old 02-23-2012, 09:21 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Lighten up buddy...

I read the article and it wasn't misleading to me. If someone can't read, then who cares? So for Danica the 4.3 V8 is slow...who cares? And the V12V goes 0-60 in 4.2 secs? Seems like this bothers you a whole lot for someone who lets his 13 YO nephew do the numbers arguing.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Anyone who claims that a V12V or DBS can break 4 seconds 0-60 is dreaming, including 007DBS. Even if it is done once by some magical aligning of the planets, if it can't be done repeatedly by the automotive press then it simply isn't true.

And FYI, the manual DBS has a shorter final drive than the auto DBS (same for the DB9).
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Lighten up buddy...

I read the article and it wasn't misleading to me. If someone can't read, then who cares? So for Danica the 4.3 V8 is slow...who cares? And the V12V goes 0-60 in 4.2 secs? Seems like this bothers you a whole lot for someone who lets his 13 YO nephew do the numbers arguing.
Sorry if my post seemed intense. No worries here bud

In fact I almost felt you got a little uptight since you were the one who was all over me the about the V12V's 0-60 time haha...

To the average reader who isn't as familiar with these cars the the article was deceptive. I laid out my case (albeit, more than I thought I would have to) on why.

If you don't feel it was... that's great I respect your right to your opinion.

again sorry you felt the need to respond in that manner.

can we hug it out

Old 02-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Jace_91 is infamous around these parts
I agree Yahoo's articles are often very misleading, and sometimes just plain wrong when it comes to facts and stats. But I don't think anyone considering an Aston would be too turned off because they read an article on Yahoo saying that Danica Patrick thought it was slow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Danica Patrick should have Bought an Aston-Martin