Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 to Fiat 500...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:20 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
I recently had my V8V in for service & rented a Fiat 500 to get home... I really liked that car even with an auto trans. The other choice would have to be the Mini Cooper S.
WTF??????? You take an Aston Martin in for service and get a Fiat?

Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OC Brit
Sunir,

If you’ll pay for the shipping I’ll send the cats to you so you can try them out. They simply bolt in place, there’s no welding. If you don’t like the sound then take them off again and send them back; if you do like them then send me $1500.

Let me know.
that's an interesting proposition, I will certainly let you know if that is something I want to do...I appreciate your offering and kindness.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 PM
OC Brit is infamous around these parts
Opening up that offer to anyone with the V12 engine.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:42 PM
macksamus is infamous around these parts
Rob,

Don't give up on your Aston just yet; after you get more familiar with the city, you'll know which roads to avoid in terms of potholes and hills. It's totally manageable, just takes a bit of planning. I see pleny of exotics roaming the streets of SF

Oh, and just make sure you get a front plate for your cars...the city is broke and you will definitely get ticketed. A colleague at the place I work recently showed me his clip-on plate that he uses with his Bentley. It's a front plate with about 4 clips on the back that are spring loaded. When it's time to drive up to the city, all he does is quickly clip it on to his front grill...seems pretty convenient.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:25 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by macksamus
Don't give up on your Aston just yet; after you get more familiar with the city, you'll know which roads to avoid in terms of potholes and hills.
You can avoid hills in San Fransisco? Never lived there, but it seems like it'd be nearly impossible to drive around in a low slung car in the city. The splitter on my V12V contacts the street even when crossing mild grade transitions.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:54 AM
macksamus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Racer_X
You can avoid hills in San Fransisco? Never lived there, but it seems like it'd be nearly impossible to drive around in a low slung car in the city. The splitter on my V12V contacts the street even when crossing mild grade transitions.
My wife and I have a place in the city where we spend our weekends; I haven't had any trouble....you can generally get to point X while avoiding the steepest hills (just might not be the most direct route).

The key, however, is having a garage in the city. No way in hell would you ever want to street park your Aston in SF Parking is extremely scarce and tree hugging hippies will park their Subaru on top of you

Rob, just think about those weekend trips to wine country and long drives along PCH...what better car than your Aston!