Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What don't you like about your DBS ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:04 PM
B-Line is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sunir
DBS is a great car, Virage is nice also, but looks too sharp in the headlights etc...but all of the flagship v12 Astons use the same 6L v12...why not get a DB9 (which in my estimate is the best looking of bunch) and rebuild the motor to 650 bhp, which on these unoptimized engines I've been told is readily possible...with some better bits and a little massaging...there you have it a really powerful AM v12 that packs a punch and not as much $$$ as the DBS or others...there's a guy Marcos whose doing this to his DB9 Volante with a company called Bamford Rose in England... looking forward to seeing the results of his build
It's my opinion that nothing devalues a car more than heavy modding. Especially a vehicle like an AM.

And, having modded cars before... Once you start, it seems the car is always in the shop getting something or other, needing something or other...

Nah, I'd rather just have something that's setup out of the box.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^I agree .... I've done the same w many cars... Believe me I'm going thru the reality of selling a modded car which runs and looks perfect but had I not modded it probably would sell easier ...

I was just saying that say w my db9 it's a manual with sport pack so it's very sports car feeling out of the box, and the difference in power bw the db9 and DBS maybe doesn't justify the price difference bw the two especially depending on how the db9 is optioned

Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 AM
acabrera is infamous around these parts
I love everything about my DBS except the nav system. Not that I use it very much but it just seems unworthy of the rest of the car.

One thing I would love to do, though, is somehow upgrade the entertainment system so that I can listen to Pandora and other music services without having to have a bunch of add-on parts.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by acabrera
I love everything about my DBS except the nav system. Not that I use it very much but it just seems unworthy of the rest of the car.

One thing I would love to do, though, is somehow upgrade the entertainment system so that I can listen to Pandora and other music services without having to have a bunch of add-on parts.
There's no ipod adaptor?

Old 03-16-2012, 01:46 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
After visiting our local dealer and trying out all 3, I vote with the guy who said get the DB9. It's cheaper, almost as fast and almost as good looking. Better looking in some regards with it's cleaner surfases.
Don't like the front end of the Virage. It's beautiful from a distance but out of synch up close....imo.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:33 PM
acabrera is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by B-Line
There's no ipod adaptor?
Yes, and it works for simply playing your iPod/iPhone music since you can change from your radio to your iPod/iPhone from the console. But, it's not a clean integration as you can't do much more than just play your iPod music. You can't really control anything else.

For my setup, in order to make use of my personal music, I keep an iPhone 4 always connected to the cable in the center console (with an adapter) so that I don't have to keep plugging and unplugging my regular phone (iPhone 4S) every time I get in and out of the car. This iPhone 4 does not have carrier service because I only use it for playing my personal music in the DBS. When the car is in the garage, I can use my wi-fi to synch it up with any new music I may have purchased on my real phone. So, it works ok but it's limited and a bit of a hack.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:17 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B-Line
Any of you guys have a 3rd pedal, H box, manual?
I have a manual in my DB9 and although I've only put a couple hundred miles on it so far, I really love it! Would never want a manual trans for DD but, this is weekend car for me. Clutch is almost all the way out b/f it engages is my only complaint. Guess I'm used to my old 928 GTS that engaged as soon as you began to lift your foot. AT is quicker to 60 if that matters......

Old 03-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Anyone use their DBS as a daily driver?

How's it get around? Stiff? Comfortable??

Would you but it as a daily driver again?

Old 03-19-2012, 07:56 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure about DBS, but a friend of mine got his Vanquish S as daily driver. Rain or shine, except snow. And he absolutely loves it.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:23 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ I dunno that I would use any Aston as a DD, apart from the Cygnet... the mpg on these cars, especially the epic and awesome v12 astons, is not great and to me a DD should have a good MPG, cargo ability, plenty of space in the boot etc.. VW, Audi, BMW, Merc, are more what I think of when considering DD...

Old 03-20-2012, 12:42 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ I dunno that I would use any Aston as a DD, apart from the Cygnet... the mpg on these cars, especially the epic and awesome v12 astons, is not great and to me a DD should have a good MPG, cargo ability, plenty of space in the boot etc.. VW, Audi, BMW, Merc, are more what I think of when considering DD...
The good thing about your statement....is the part where you say you "dunno." There really are different strokes for different folks. Many things I don't understand but then I realize I don't have to.
Some people care about the things you stated and some of us don't. I have never considered mileage, cargo space nor trunk space in any car I have ever own. When I was a teenager I wanted a car with a big back seat to have sex with girls in the car but thats not an issue anymore.

To me a DD should be nimble and quick to manuever heavy traffic. Power to get away from the bad drivers. Lots of legroom for comfort and a sweet stereo system.
I think an Aston would work for me.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:30 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
I use my DB9 as a daily driver. It's probably a bit softer than a DBS, but it works well for me. Not worried about storage space or gas mileage or passengers or any other practical concerns. I've got TT2, so traffic doesn't bother me either; I can still have fun with the paddles when the road opens up (that's where the gas mileage problem really rears it's head ).