Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What don't you like about your DBS ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 04:59 PM
B-Line is infamous around these parts
What don't you like about your DBS ?

Thinking about one and wanting to know what the downsides are...

Even if it's stupid little stuff like bad cupholders or no bluetooth or inferior navigation, etc.

Thanks,

Old 03-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Poor gas mileage.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Too Much Female Attention.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Never get use to the key on the left.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !XJRS Owner Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eldertec
What ?!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:54 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaymoney
Too Much Female Attention.
omg that sounds terrible. how can you deal with that???

Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 AM
DarthC63 is infamous around these parts
I don't own one, but my business partner just picked up a Variage, and almost picked up the DBS Carbon. He didn't go for it because a number of reasons; 1) The lights looked a little outdated as compared to the Variage, the drive was comparable to the Variage in his opinion, and the interiors were almost identical.

While I drive in the Variage almost daily, I was surprised to see how inferior the Nav/media system was compared to other brands. Other than that, the DBS and Variage are some of the most beautiful cars on the road, absolutely stunning.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:33 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DarthC63
I don't own one, but my business partner just picked up a Variage, and almost picked up the DBS Carbon. He didn't go for it because a number of reasons; 1) The lights looked a little outdated as compared to the Variage, the drive was comparable to the Variage in his opinion, and the interiors were almost identical.

While I drive in the Variage almost daily, I was surprised to see how inferior the Nav/media system was compared to other brands. Other than that, the DBS and Variage are some of the most beautiful cars on the road, absolutely stunning.
Virage

the DBS has an extra 20 hp (probably not noticeable to most people in most driving situations)... the nav is widely known to be crap (i'm still getting used to mine, but it's growing on me. growing like a tumor, but still growing.) they just started updating the nav but only on certain cars (the V12V, maybe?).

Old 03-14-2012, 08:38 AM
DarthC63 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by telum01
Virage
My mistake, thanks for the correction.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by telum01
Virage

the DBS has an extra 20 hp (probably not noticeable to most people in most driving situations)... the nav is widely known to be crap (i'm still getting used to mine, but it's growing on me. growing like a tumor, but still growing.) they just started updating the nav but only on certain cars (the V12V, maybe?).
The nav units all went to Garmin on the Virage, and 2012MY cars. This nav system is 100 times better than what was in there before...(dang Volvo).
I would have to say the one down turn to the DBS, is hp. Aston should have given the car more hp. Now you have the V12V, which has the same hp, but handles better on the road. I would take a V12V over a DBS. But, I will give the DBS this...it sure does look good.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:06 AM
B-Line is infamous around these parts
I'm thinking about picking up a pre-owned convertible...

Any of you guys have a 3rd pedal, H box, manual?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by eldertec
My Porsche had the key on the Left and Porsche claims it's for "Run to your car, get in, start it and Race." That way when you get in, your right hand goes on the Shifter, the left starts the car, the feet are on the clutch and accelerator. All parts of your body are doing something, and you get going quickly.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:15 PM
007DBS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by B-Line
I'm thinking about picking up a pre-owned convertible...

Any of you guys have a 3rd pedal, H box, manual?
B-line I might want to get rid of mine soon if you are interested email me at wallstreeter@gmail.com. It is not a convertible but it is clean and an excellent value for a DBS in showroom condition. And yes it is a 6 speed manual.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:06 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
DBS is a great car, Virage is nice also, but looks too sharp in the headlights etc...but all of the flagship v12 Astons use the same 6L v12...why not get a DB9 (which in my estimate is the best looking of bunch) and rebuild the motor to 650 bhp, which on these unoptimized engines I've been told is readily possible...with some better bits and a little massaging...there you have it a really powerful AM v12 that packs a punch and not as much $$$ as the DBS or others...there's a guy Marcos whose doing this to his DB9 Volante with a company called Bamford Rose in England... looking forward to seeing the results of his build

Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by dicktahoe
My Porsche had the key on the Left and Porsche claims it's for "Run to your car, get in, start it and Race." That way when you get in, your right hand goes on the Shifter, the left starts the car, the feet are on the clutch and accelerator. All parts of your body are doing something, and you get going quickly.
That is true. Well, sorta. The key being on the left allowed for all that stuff you mentioned in running-start races. They kept it there on their road cars to show the racing heritage. If they're using it as a selling point, however, that's just a marketing gimmick.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What don't you like about your DBS ?