Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Picture from the new Bond movie Skyfall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 01:50 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I saw The Spy Who Loved Me when I was a kid and when I saw the Esprit turn into a submarine, I told myself "I'm going to get one of those when I grow up!" I wound up buying two. Seeing the Vanquish and DBS in later movies probably was the biggest influence in wanting to create my own Bond car collection and so I bought my Aston. What can I say, advertising in movies works for me!

BTW as was mentioned, the original Bond from the novels drove a Bentley instead of an Aston and carried a Beretta instead of a Walther PPK.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Just saw an infographic that indicates that the featured cars in Skyfall are the the DB5, the VW Beetle, the Range Rover Evoque, and the Jaguar XJL.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/the-u...le-guide/full/

Old 04-22-2012, 07:02 AM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
maybe Aston is fed up with Craig era Bond - he keeps wrecking their cars!

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
I've lusted after an Aston for the past 40 years after seeing "007" Movies. I had a '56 T-bird, a couple of Mercedes SL coupes, a '78 and '84 Corvette, a Porsche Boxster--and now my "007 Tahoe". This car creates a total "Permagrin" every time I drive it. The Road shown in the Picture is Hwy 36 from Red Bluff, CA to the Coast. One of my favorites for Car or Bike (Motorcycle). The other item associated with "007" is his Walther. I've had one of those since way, way before the Aston.
love the "twisty roads next 140 miles sign"

Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by evil panda
maybe Aston is fed up with Craig era Bond - he keeps wrecking their cars!

love the "twisty roads next 140 miles sign"

After about an hour, my wife said, "How much longer", and I said, "Only about another 70 miles " This road was much more fun for me than for her.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 AM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dicktahoe
After about an hour (braggart !), my wife said, "How much longer".."..This..was much more fun for me than for her.
you ARE talking about a "road", right ?

Old 04-22-2012, 06:09 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MI55LE
you ARE talking about a "road", right ?
Sorry to say--but yes you are Right.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 PM
ewu64 is infamous around these parts
What did 007 asked for at the start of the video?

Old 04-23-2012, 12:18 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
One thing I never understood from that scene: Q says that the front, side and rear windows are bulletproof, but yet the car also has a button in the armrest that lifts a rear bulletproof screen from the boot compartment.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Old 05-22-2012, 05:37 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I think the main reason they did not put a new aston in this one is there hasn't been a new flagship model for some time, so they out the classic one in it until a new model can be revealed in the next one. I prefer the classic astons, nothing is more 007 than the DB5.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Ok, hands up how many Bond fans there are here? It irritates me when people immediately mention the Bond connection as soon as they find out I'm driving an Aston. I swear it had nothing to do (kinda the contrary) with my choice, yet ... I have been a huge Bond fan since before I was a teenager. Maybe I'm in denial I dunno. But I bought the car bc I thought it was an automotive work of art and not (in fact, despite) the Bond connection. That's my story at least and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for posting the trailer Racer, loved it and can't wait for the new film. Am really enjoying the renaissance of the character with Craig these days.

Fav Bonds - Connery>Craig>>Brosnan>Dalton/Lazenby>>>Moore ...

Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Fav Bonds -
Craig>Dalton>Connery>Brosnan>Lazenby>Moore>Niven>S ellers>Andress>Allen>

Old 05-22-2012, 10:18 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
My fav bonds - connory and Moore tied for fav. Then Craig & brosnan, followed by the others ....lazenby, Dalton etc...

Most memorable bond movie memory - View to a Kill. Was the first one I saw on screen that I can remember or recall having an understanding and appreciation for 007, and what he did, and what all was going on with the history and legacy of bond! I was a kid like 2nd or 3rd grade, went with my older bro and his buddy. In my days as a kid roger Moore was 007 so I remember his films as a grade schooler fascinated with the whole series and stories, so I rank him tied with connory whose the most recognized and probably most well liked bond. By the time i was in hs and college mid to late 90s brosnan was bond and the appeal was not the same, but now with craig bis are much better. Since those days of connory Aston Martin and bond were always 2 very cool things in my book.... Bond represented Aston and Aston's cool factor was launched into the stratosphere by 007! A partnership and brand recognition concoction as perfect as a vodka martini shaken not stirred

Last edited by sunir; 05-22-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Fav Bonds -

Mmmmmmm ... Ursula ....

Old 05-23-2012, 04:38 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Fav Bonds -
Blasphemy! Placing Connery 3rd? I agree Daniel Craig makes a helluva good Bond, but Connery is the original.

Aston.CA> I wouldn't get too upset over people jumping straight to the Bond connection. It's one of the reasons people appreciate Astons and are so positive about them. I don't think you get the same reaction with an F-car or Lambo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picture from the new Bond movie Skyfall