Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Picture from the new Bond movie Skyfall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:09 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I think that it was more about a fee from Aston than anything. Product placement is now huge dollars and I bet Aston didn't feel it was worth it with the current product lineup.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I'm sure they thought it was worth it. My guess is that they couldn't afford it.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Blasphemy! Placing Connery 3rd? I agree Daniel Craig makes a helluva good Bond, but Connery is the original.

Aston.CA> I wouldn't get too upset over people jumping straight to the Bond connection. It's one of the reasons people appreciate Astons and are so positive about them. I don't think you get the same reaction with an F-car or Lambo.
True, definitely _my_ issue and usually a good conversation starter about the car.

And yes, how could Connery not be in first place???

Old 05-23-2012, 11:50 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^ Seriously...Connory is the Benchmark to which all of the following Bonds are measured up against! HE is the original Bond!

I personally put Roger Moore up there with Connory but that's a preference since he was the Bond I remmember as a little kid...his movies on the silver screen were fantastic!!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
I personally put Roger Moore up there with Connory but that's a preference since he was the Bond I remmember as a little kid
That's the feelings of nostalgia talking, not objective thought! Moore was a bit of a dandy who seemed more concerned about how his hair looked than about being Bond. The awful '70s leisure suits didn't help either. Karate chop!

Old 05-23-2012, 12:05 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Lol yeah he was a dapper bond, he'd rather use a fancy gadget then get into a fight (unlike Craig, whose a much more physical Bond). Growing up thru grade school in the 80's as a kid the styles weren't the best and movies were kinda cheesy too, in my HS and college years in the 90's Brosnan was Bond, he had some style and was kinda witty and funny...but not as memorable to me as Moore.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:17 PM
gekko is infamous around these partsgekko is infamous around these parts
I preferred Roger Moore as 'The Saint'

Here he is pretending to be James Bond back in 1963 . . .

Old 05-23-2012, 03:26 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
is this going to be another dirty, bloody, scabbed up bond or a swave **** like he should be?

Old 06-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Old thread but the new Vanquish is available in Skyfall Silver. Looks like the Vanquish may be back for Bond.