Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Exhaust system recommendations for V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor
Josh@ECS is infamous around these parts
I'm waiting for Capristo to release some sound bytes. I've never heard a car with a Capristo that sounded "bad", they always sound good. Being a new offering it will be unique as well.

Build quality is fantastic, they hold over time quite nicely.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:53 PM
kba
kba is infamous around these parts
I think its really hard to determine what exhaust system you want based off youtube videos, best bet is see if anyone in your area has an exhaust and hear it in person. Whatever manufacture you choose to go with, the car will sound great compared to stock. As some have stated before, you might consider getting cats instead of an exhaust. I have cats (RSC) and exhaust (Tubi Rumore) - it's loud, but I like it.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kba
I think its really hard to determine what exhaust system you want based off youtube videos, best bet is see if anyone in your area has an exhaust and hear it in person.
I agree. Another consideration is what "sounds great" when you hear it drive by for a few seconds may not be so great to live with every time you drive the car. I find myself wanting the exhaust to be loud when I'm off playing in the mountains with other drivers, and want it to be quieter when I'm just driving to, say, dinner with my girlfriend. IMO, you need to pick an exhaust that works best for all situations. I don't like the weight of the OEM rear box, but do I like being able to manually control the valves so I can decide when to be quiet and when to make some noise.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:50 AM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Proven means there is actually a dyno that exists. What you meant to say is speculative .

35-40 is for the entire system upgrade, not just the catback.
No, actually I'm pretty good with my choice of words. Three independent 'before and after' dyno runs provide enough evidence for me. The driving experiences of people that have the upgrade provide all the qualitative evidence you could want.

I quoted the price for the whole system (£5000), so it's legitimate to give the power increase for the whole system.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 AM
RHYNO is infamous around these parts
I've got RSC Touring exhaust with RSC 200 cell cats and the sound is just amazing! I get so many compliments on the sound of my car (looks too lol). I have a old post that shows how much weight savings you save over stock. I would highly recommend RSC and the prices are good!!

Old 05-07-2012, 10:58 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
I had the QS and then the Larini system on my V8V before selling the car. It was a 4.3L, so I wanted every bit of bite and as much bark as possible for the car. The QS was really nice, but not quite loud enough for me. I loved the Larini (did the entire system, from box to cats, etc.) but many thought it was a bit obnoxious. I will admit, it was very hot rod loud. I really liked it, but it might be too much for more. Have yet to do an RSC system, so I can't comment on Stuart's equipment.

Both were installed by the dealer. No problems with emissions, etc.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:00 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I have Larini cats and a Milltek rear box. It sounds and performs perfectly around town or on secondary roadways but drones a bit on the highway which is annoying.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:11 PM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Originally Posted by RHYNO
I've got RSC Touring exhaust with RSC 200 cell cats and the sound is just amazing! I get so many compliments on the sound of my car (looks too lol). I have a old post that shows how much weight savings you save over stock. I would highly recommend RSC and the prices are good!!
Right and i sell mine https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3332571

Old 06-05-2012, 05:09 PM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
I have the Tubi Rumore, and its awesome...highly recommend...