Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Exhaust system recommendations for V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Pepperspray is infamous around these parts
Exhaust system recommendations for V8V

I'm considering getting a new exhaust for my 09 Vantage V8. The dealer really pushes Quicksilver which is nice but I've also seen nice clips on Youtube of Larini, Tubi and RSC all of which I seem to like better than Quicksilver.

Any recommendations or sharing of experiences are appreciated

12 Cayenne S
09 Vantage V8

Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
You've covered the usual options ... Here's another one that I think is attractive (about a fifth of the cost of the Quicksilver Ti exhaust I believe). I believe Vergis has one and likes it a lot. Haven't seen him around for the past couple weeks but you could PM him to ask.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Wow, that's more than a 50 lb weight loss with the VT exhaust? Quite impressive, and not all that expensive on a relative basis.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:54 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Just came across this exhaust from Kreissieg. It's expensive as hell (over $8K!) but, man, what a sound! I also like the fact that it's switchable to a quieter mode as seen in some of the videos below. But I'd be concerned if it would drone too much.

Last edited by karlfranz; 05-03-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Added videos
Old 05-04-2012, 04:27 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Curved ball but I really like the factory sports exhaust from the N420 & S

Old 05-04-2012, 05:47 AM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
You need to decide based on your taste in sound, but for me the Bamford Rose system, not available in US yet, is the ultimate. A proven 35-40 bhp increase + much more torque and a decent weight loss, and retaining the OEM silencer to keep the switchable volume. £5000 fitted.

Then the option of a £2000 titanium silencer gives a massive weight loss, but in combination with the BR sports the volume might be too much

Old 05-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Airborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to behold
@ Pepperspray: I have a Tubi on mine and love it. Relatively inexpensive at $4,000

Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Just came across this exhaust from Kreissieg. It's expensive as hell (over $8K!) but, man, what a sound! I also like the fact that it's switchable to a quieter mode as seen in some of the videos below. But I'd be concerned if it would drone too much.
LOL which one is quiet? I think your ears would be bleeding after a drive in that car...

Old 05-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MichaelD
A proven 35-40 bhp increase + much more torque and a decent weight loss, and retaining the OEM silencer to keep the switchable volume. £5000 fitted.
That's what you get from the BR manifolds & cats. I think the OP is talking about the silencer alone.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:00 PM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
True, the OP is probably thinking about a change of silencer, my thoughts are that you can achieve much more by changing headers & cats

Old 05-04-2012, 03:06 PM
I agree. I think most who change out the silencer do so for the sound, not performance reasons.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:06 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I have been extremely happy with my RSC exhaust. I get a ton of compliments when I attend car shows. Very high quality and much lighter than stock.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:18 PM
khalid is infamous around these parts
TUBI " Rumore " by far the best . people who have QS & other systems have all agreed that Tubi is the way to go .

Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Proven means there is actually a dyno that exists. What you meant to say is speculative .

35-40 is for the entire system upgrade, not just the catback.

A good option is to just get high flow cats on stock exhaust and leave fuse 22 in, it will give you great power and sound without bein too loud all the time. Or you can take fuse out. It's probably the cheapest and most effective route to getting sound and good midrange power.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:24 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
i was at an HPDE with my V8V and was told by a few people that they loved it when i passed them because it sounded so good hahaha. RSC touring exhaust with 200-cell cats sounds amazing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust system recommendations for V8V