Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New pics of my V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012 | 01:58 AM
Jarod has a spectacular aura aboutJarod has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
I like the silver rear mesh on the rear diffuser, very unique. Do you have a straight rear view of the diffuser from the rear so we can see the whole thing in brighter lighting?

Looks great
Yes, Karl, a full picture would be much appreciated. I am interested how the diffuser looks like with the carbon weave going all in one direction.

I had a closer look at my N420 diffuser yesterday, and indeed the carbon weaves meet in the center. And honestly I don’t like it very much

Old 05-09-2012 | 09:37 AM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Karl, absolutely gorgeous pics. I am envious because all the pics I've tried to take of my car don't look that great . . . likely because I have no idea how to use my DSLR!

Really nice work! If it's OK, I may PM you at some point in the future to get some advice on lighting and camera settings.

Old 05-09-2012 | 10:09 AM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jarod
I had a closer look at my N420 diffuser yesterday, and indeed the carbon weaves meet in the center. And honestly I don’t like it very much
Jarod, I'll buy your diffuser if you decide to replace it with an RSC one. Did you get yours through a dealer?

Old 05-09-2012 | 11:53 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Lovely pics Karl-Franz!

Old 05-09-2012 | 02:37 PM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
great photos. I always wanted to see your car! how bout some full photos of the car?

Old 05-10-2012 | 06:56 AM
Jarod has a spectacular aura aboutJarod has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by brumma
Jarod, I'll buy your diffuser if you decide to replace it with an RSC one. Did you get yours through a dealer?
Nah, I am not going to sell it though I don't like the how carbon weaves meet so much.

I bought mine at astonmartinbits.com. Not sure if they still have one in stock though.

Old 05-10-2012 | 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Jarod
I bought mine at astonmartinbits.com. Not sure if they still have one in stock though.
Nope. I've checked with them before and been told that they are currently searching for a source for more of them.

Old 05-10-2012 | 08:39 AM
CPB
CPB is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the new ride. Looks great. My V12V was also inspected by Mick Freeman.

Old 05-10-2012 | 10:51 AM
Karlfranz, I particularly love the close-up shot of the wheel--those undulating surfaces look really cool! Great job! Is photography part of your profession, or is it a hobby?

Old 05-10-2012 | 11:04 AM
|
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brumma
Karlfranz, I particularly love the close-up shot of the wheel--those undulating surfaces look really cool! Great job! Is photography part of your profession, or is it a hobby?
Thanks. Just a serious hobby I'm afraid. I tried the starving artist route for a while but it's hard to afford nice toys like an Aston unless you're really good and very lucky.

BTW it took some experimentation to get the wheel lit up without lighting up the surrounding car. Some friends even thought I took the wheel off the car until I pointed out that the brake caliper and disc are in the shot.

Old 05-10-2012 | 11:17 AM
gekko is infamous around these partsgekko is infamous around these parts
Great images Karl!

I'll be uploading some of my images in the next few weeks.

Old 05-10-2012 | 11:42 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I'd love to see a direct rear picture of the lower rear diffuser.

P.S. CAN THE MODERATORS PLEASE NOT SUBSTITUTE SMILEY FACES FOR THE ASTON PIC, it is incredibly annoying lol.

Old 05-10-2012 | 12:17 PM
|
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage

P.S. CAN THE MODERATORS PLEASE NOT SUBSTITUTE SMILEY FACES FOR THE ASTON PIC, it is incredibly annoying lol.
??? Huh?

Old 05-10-2012 | 12:17 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Just saw the wheel shots. Those are really cool, especially considering the wheels were still on the car. Nice work!

Old 05-10-2012 | 02:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by chirag
great photos. I always wanted to see your car! how bout some full photos of the car?
Chirag,

Below are some pics I took of my car early last year when I first bought my car and before I put in many of my current upgrades:
  • AM Sport Pack wheels
  • Porterfield brake pads
  • AM Clear taillights
  • AM 6-bar grill
  • AM N420 sills
  • RSC N420 diffuser
  • Dension iPod and Bluetooth Integration
  • Piano black console
  • Alcantara door trim
  • Tony Hall personalized black sill plaques
  • LED cabin lighting
  • RSC air filters

Next on my scheduled agenda are:
  • Custom Valentine-1 radar install
  • Custom, piano black and alcantara flat bottom steering wheel
  • Cruise Control
  • Carbon splitter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New pics of my V8V