Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

socal aston dealers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:39 AM
911ist is infamous around these parts
socal aston dealers

are they notorious for ignoring calls? I just picked up an 08 V8V roadster and been trying to get my hands on its service records. According to carfax, the car was serviced at Newport Beach Aston but after leaving 2 voice mails, I still haven't heard back. I even called another dealership hoping they would have the records but they have yet to return my call. And I've yet to talk to an actual service manager. This is typical?

Old 05-21-2012, 11:53 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Most dealers wont give you the service records due to the privacy act. They may tell what was done if they wish. But to get a copy of it, good luck. I might be able to look up warranty history, but as far has service stuff, thats not kept on the Aston records, more of a dealer thing.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:48 PM
mfrankel is infamous around these parts
Hey 911, when I was looking to purchase a vehicle, and then contemplating about an extended warranty because I bought used, they were all over me. I don't know if your question was rhetorical, but if not, obviously having a vested interest may have soimething to do with it.

FYI, I have a great local SoCal indy mechanic if you want to PM me for the info.

AM Fixer...you have any knowledge if it's possible to get a copy of the original window sticker? If so, from the dealor or AM?

Old 05-21-2012, 08:45 PM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mfrankel
Hey 911, when I was looking to purchase a vehicle, and then contemplating about an extended warranty because I bought used, they were all over me. I don't know if your question was rhetorical, but if not, obviously having a vested interest may have soimething to do with it.

FYI, I have a great local SoCal indy mechanic if you want to PM me for the info.

AM Fixer...you have any knowledge if it's possible to get a copy of the original window sticker? If so, from the dealor or AM?
I am not really sure, never had that question before. I know the dealer can print out copys. Try AM North America and request a copy.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:01 PM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
My experience exactly with AM Newport Beach-I bought two cars from them and my experience the first time was great. HOWEVER, my second purchase was a horrible experience with many unreturned calls that ultimately led to the transport truck being turned away at the dealership and me getting the car a week late. I don't know what happened, but the level of service went to hell-somehow they still keep winning the Best AM Dealership in North America though???

Old 05-22-2012, 09:55 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
I have heard of many difficulties as well with Newport Beach. One of the finest Aston Mechanics I have ever met is Robbie Allen, at Beverly Hills. If I was anywhere close (within a couple hundred miles) I would certainly have him do my service.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Coxy-jr is infamous around these parts
911ist. I work at the dealership. I don't know why service have not responded. Send me the info on the car and I will see what I can do.

I will try to check this often for anyone needing to get a hold of someone here and can't get through.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Great to hear the OP may be getting some help. The power of the Internet!

Old 05-26-2012, 01:46 PM
911ist is infamous around these parts
coxy-jr - i appreciate your effort and I did hear back from newport beach dealer.