Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Any new fixes for vantage squeaky brakes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 08:26 AM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Any new fixes for vantage squeaky brakes?

Been off the forum for a while. Squeak is at an all time high. Its driving me crazy. Just had my car serviced, brakes are in good shape.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:46 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Squeak when coming to a stop? Squeak when turning? What was the measurement of the pads? There are a few new fixes, but explain your issue a little more.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:58 AM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
only on coming to a stop. Was not told break pads were even close to needing to be replaced. I'm afraid I haven't really used this car to its potential, nowhere to drive aggressively where I live, so very average pad wear. 20K miles on the car-mostly commuting.

My AM mech said it was the E brake....something hits??? All I know is its killing me.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
I'm going to tell you to get out on the highway get up to about 80-85mph, then slam on the brakes down to 55-60mph. Be careful when doing this, please.
The other thing is grinding down the leading edge of the pad, appling a stick back to the pad, and there is also a high temp lube that works really well.
The e-brake pads squeak when you turn. The best way to correct this is to pull the park brake a few times will driving leaving it on for about 2-3 seconds. This helps scuff up the pad to quite them down.