Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage vs maserati gran turismo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 04:34 PM
irvineboy is infamous around these parts
Vantage vs maserati gran turismo

Has anyone driven them both can give me their feedback?

I know they make about 3000 vantages per year. But I don't know how many maserati gran turismo they make per year. Anyone know?

Old 05-26-2012, 06:33 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Both are great looking cars, but I have never driven the gran turismo. Do believe it is much larger having parked next to one and a better comparison would be more of a GT car like the XKR or DB9 even.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:47 PM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
The Vantage feels more nimble, while the Gran Turismo definitely feels bigger. When I was looking to move on from my GranSport I test drove both cars (in fact it was a Gran Turismo S). I was looking for something a bit more more agile and sporting than the GranSport. The Vantage also seems more involving to drive, but that could just be a function of it being a manual versus the Maserati's F1-style transmission. While the Gran Turismo was still fun to drive, it felt more like a cruiser than a sports car. Even though I opted for the Vantage, I wouldn't mind owning a Gran Turismo S some day.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Rosso is infamous around these parts
Drove both in my hunt and chose the Vantage. The Vantage is smaller, sportier and felt more involving to me. Although both cars look great, IMO the Vantage has better lines. The ride in the Maserati was a little more forgiving and being a Ferrari fan the engine was definitily very nice.

You should drive both and choose what best fits your wants and desires. They are very different cars.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
No idea on the Maser GT's production numbers. Also haven't driven it, but I understand that it is really heavy. Clarkson mentioned this on a recent episode of Top Gear. The more hard-edged version (can't remember it's name) deals with the weight better, but is still heavy and comes with other drawbacks (harsh ride, etc.). Based on looks alone though, the GT appears to be a good alternative to the Vantage. I was also surprised to not hear more about it, but I think the reason is that it is much more GT-leaning.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:11 AM
chrisfc923 is infamous around these parts
i had both and two totally different animals. vantage was much more fun to drive and the sound of the exhaust was to die for. a lot more nimble as well. i had the SS and the only reason i traded her in for the granturismo was because the SS blew out on me three times and i couldn't risk that happening out of warrently which i was worried about. MGT was a more comfortable ride and the two extra seats in the back were convenient. quality was much better IMO but it was a very boring ride. i had a fab speed straight pipes on there and it still didn't have that sound of the aston. both i would say are equal in looks but the aston has more sex appeal. so in the end it depends what you're looking for in a car. comfort and space go mas, fun, sportier ride go aston

here was some pics of my aston and mas and one with my mas and my cousins db9vol:

Last edited by chrisfc923; 05-27-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:18 AM
chrisfc923 is infamous around these parts

Old 06-12-2012, 02:23 PM
bigdaddy1000 is infamous around these parts
I didn't drive the Maserati, but the interior didn't feel nearly as nice as the AM. The car feels/looks a lot bigger too...