Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Pearl White or Black AMV8V?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 AM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
One more for white. Paint code sticker is under the "slam panel"/radiator cover (dismantling required), but an AM dealer should be able to get it from the VIN.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:31 AM
ronev is infamous around these parts
yvr, thanks. According to a dealer, the vin lists the color as White Metallic Pearlescent.

Morning Frost is a newer color, but the wow factor for that is hitting 11. I may use it on occasion.

Last edited by ronev; 05-31-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:55 AM
rynacd is infamous around these parts
White.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:59 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I'd only own a white car if I lived down south... Black is a ***** to keep clean. White will keep you cooler inside when it's HOT outside. Does it get hot in Texas?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Does it get hot in Texas?
Um, yeah. Apparently Dallas had something like 90 days in a row of 100°F+ temperatures last summer.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
I've seen both Morning Frost and Stratus White, and both look great (though quite different from each other). I don't know if I've ever seen the color of your potential purchase. My car is Onyx Black, and I completely love the color. It has depth and reflectivity that is truly extraordinary. That said, if I lived in a place as hot as TX, I would not have gotten a black car. If the white car you're considering has also had better care than the black one, that's the way I'd go.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:10 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ronev
Where is the color code on the car?
With the VIN, you can have any AM dealership to pull the detail info on the color and options installed, as well as the service history done by AM if any.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:21 PM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
I vote white.

Although I love my Quantum Silver on the Vantage S it seems to hide all the carbon bits.

Just a quick question - does morning frost white tend to yellow over time like many whites do?

Old 05-31-2012, 01:36 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Paint code/name can also be found in the navigation compartment in the trunk for MY 07 - no disassembly required other than opening the carpeted cover panel.

Just a flashlight and a somewhat flexible body is needed

+1 on the white for your location!

Old 05-31-2012, 02:44 PM
They're delivering it (pearl white) tomorrow (Friday) to Texarkana. There will a street party, I can assure you.

These people in Texarkana love their cars. Population of both sides is about 70,000.
I belong to a cigars and Ferraris club, and there are 10 members, and all except 2 cars are newer than 10 years old. There's 1 Aston DB9, 2 Ford GT's, 2 Lambos, 4 Maserati's, .....just what I know about. Probably still more garage queens out there.

We're lucky to have an excellent independent service shop, that can service most of the exotics here.

Thanks for everyone's input!!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Congratulations! These are wonderful cars.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:30 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Congrats! Wow, lots of new owners lately.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:09 AM
911ist is infamous around these parts
congrats...you picked a wonderful color

Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
White!

Old 06-03-2012, 04:04 PM
I killed the deal at the last moment. I was to trade my 08 Jag XKR for the AM, and I just couldn't let it go.

Thanks to all for for your input.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pearl White or Black AMV8V?