Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Please talk me out of a Ferrari F430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:12 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Please talk me out of a Ferrari F430

Hey guys --

I have problem with changing out cars every few months and typically keep a car for no more than a year. I absolutely love my new AM V8VS, however I'm noticing that F430 prices are starting to creep around my magic number of $125k.

Always wanting to own a Ferrari and remembered that when the F430 first came out it was a show-stopper, it is also completely gorgeous. However, at a Cars-and-Coffee recently, I saw a F430 and a 458 next to each other, and felt the F430 is starting to "age" a bit.

Bottom-line, my V8VS is a newer car/model with a design that seems timeless. I'd hate to lose all the creature comforts I wanted upgrading from an 06' to 11' V8V, especially if I end up going into an older car like an 06-08' F430.

Please, talk me out of it; or is an older F430 truly more of a value for a car.

Thanks!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:59 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I won't talk you out of it. Get the F430.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
If you've always wanted a Ferrari, why not just get it? I've been considering a similar move as a supplement to, not a replacement for, the Aston.

Yes, the 430 is starting to look dated, as is always the case whenever a replacement model comes out. While people often say that a certain design is "timeless," I think that is rarely actually the case. I bet if you looked now at cars that were said to have timeless design 20 year ago, they look pretty dated.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor
Josh@ECS is infamous around these parts
The F430 is a fun car to drive. It's definitely faster and crisper in the corners than the V8V. The ride is stiffer and the car is louder. If you'd like something that feels more aggressive, you'll really enjoy the car. For me, the dating of the style is secondary to the level of performance the car has to offer.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:29 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Ferrari's are way more expensive to maintain than Astons. F430 is very nice though... now you have me thinking... as long as you don't get one in RED or YELLOW.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:44 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
F430 is not timeless it's an evolutionary design. It evolved from the 360 which came out of the 355 which is a step up from the 348, all of which glean aspiration from the venerable 288 GTO...rear mid-engine format. All of these cars can tip their hat to the early testarossa/512TR which is the true timeless design.

Other notable Ferraris IMO: 360 CS, 288, 612 Scaglietti, F40, Enzo, 412P, 250 SWB, 275 GTB-4, 275 Lusso, 375MM, 250 California, Spyder Daytona, TestaRossa/512TR, 328 Boxer, 250 GTB Short w/ alloy body, 500 Superfast...

My fav Ferrari of all time and my ultimate dream car... Ferrari 250 GTO

Skip the F430, they made too many and they are not a notable model. If you can swing a Scuderia get that, otherwise hald off for the 458 Italia...that is thr true masterpeice of the current day.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
You and me both.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:58 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
thanks guys for all the input. maybe i need to take a nice sprited drive in the V8VS after work today.

some great info points as well. everytime i go to a CNC event, there is always at least a row of F430's, yet im only one or two of the AM's. the exclusivity and rarity of the AM leads the F430 to feel more of a "common" supercar/exotic.

aside performance, i'd still like the whole overall package. i just need to cure this ferrari fever.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by elude
thanks guys for all the input. maybe i need to take a nice sprited drive in the V8VS after work today.

some great info points as well. everytime i go to a CNC event, there is always at least a row of F430's, yet im only one or two of the AM's. the exclusivity and rarity of the AM leads the F430 to feel more of a "common" supercar/exotic.

aside performance, i'd still like the whole overall package. i just need to cure this ferrari fever.
If I go to a meet and see 9 GT-R's and one Prius, it is not because I think the Prius is exclusive.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
I'd rather own the F40 myself.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:06 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Racer_X
I'd rather own the F40 myself.
F40 is one of my favs for sure, it's in my top 5...it's a great car, probably one of the purest cars Ferrari had ever made...a friend of mine owns one and he's taken it to the track a bunch of times, we'd run at the Ferrari of Washington/Algar - FCA sponsored events. The twin turbo v8 was epic for the time and the thing just screams!

....but it's no legendary 250 GTO....nothing is...and nothing ever will be.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Well, I'd say the F40 is pretty legendary now and only will become more so as the years get on. I'd prefer to own the F40 because I could see actually driving it, while I'd be afraid to drive the GTO.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:25 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
If you like changing cars so often, and if $ is not a concern, why not try the 430? It's a louder, sharper, faster experience. When I drove one, I actually found the ride better than with my then V8V SP. Generally, Ferraris don't do it for me - they are too flash and a bit crass, and I do like to keep my cars longer than a few months, but there's no denying the 430 is an impressive machine. IMO you should wait and go for an Italia, though!

Old 06-13-2012, 01:26 PM
^^^ lol I hear ya Racer_X ...yeah it's like driving a Mona Lisa lol! but surprisingly enough I've heard it's quite an easy car to drive.

the F40 is badass bro...if ever you get the chance to drive one...DO IT!!! When that turbo spools it hits very hard! It's got some lag there but when it hits it comes on like a sledgehammer

Old 06-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by spinecho
If you like changing cars so often, and if $ is not a concern, why not try the 430? It's a louder, sharper, faster experience.
Exactly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please talk me out of a Ferrari F430