Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My "New" Vantage S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
My "New" Vantage S

My car finally arrived over the weekend. A huge thanks to ScottBlack and jmargolese for checking out the car for me in TX and even test driving it. Now to the car. It's a 2011 Vantage S in Tungsten Silver. Pictures do not do it justice because the sunlight has a dramatic effect on the effect of the paint. I couldn't be happier!

Since I had a previous Vantage my first question about the Vantage S was what are the noticeable differences and is it worth upgrading? Here's a list off the top of my head and in my opinion is worth it (I'm biased):
  • The steering is much snappier and feels shorter. I greatly prefer it.
  • The brakes feel stronger. The V8V had great brakes but this feels better
  • The suspension is much tighter like the V12V but isn't too tight. You have better road feel without discomfort.
  • Overall the car feels much sportier where I felt the V8V (no sports pack) felt mushy at times. The V8V was very capable around the track but I feel like this will do significantly better.
  • SportShift II is a lot better than the previous SportShift. It has some nuances but overall I'm pleased since I feel like I'm still driving a stick on the throttle side to smooth it out. The WOT shift is very fast as expected.
  • The exhaust! OMG the exhaust sounds so much better than even my Quicksilver exhaust!
  • My V8V was the 4.3L with the performance pack. The V8VS feels much more torquey. When you hit the sport button the throttle is much more aggressive like the V12V making the car feel a lot faster than the 4.7L and my 4.3L with perf. pack.
  • Front splitter and diffuser share the same look and feel as the V12V. This was a needed upgrade and something the 2012.5 V8V also received I heard (haven't seen).
  • Interior fit and finish is improved. I like the new trim and the detail make the car look even classier.

Here are some arrival pictures. I can't keep with KarlFranz pics but here you go

Leaving TX, notice the color in the gray sky

Arriving in MD

Again, huge thanks to ScottBlack and jmargolese for checking out the car for me ahead of time!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 AM
CPB
CPB is infamous around these parts
A beauty. Congrats!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
sweet ride! congrats 'n enjoy!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:04 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
congrats to a fellow V8VS owner who upgraded from another V8V!

Old 06-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Congratulations! Car looks beautiful.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:04 AM
gekko is infamous around these partsgekko is infamous around these parts
Congrats!!

Becoming a fan of those wheels.

Make sure you post some more pics of your car at a later date - I'm thinking of Tungsten for the next one.

Enjoy the car!!

Last edited by gekko; 06-19-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spzling
Old 06-19-2012, 11:06 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Very nice! Interior pics, please...

Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 AM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
For all the flack you hear about so many silver Astons around, I still think tungsten is a stunning color in any lighting condition. Fantastic looking car

Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
Looks so good, What the interior like ? Who did delivery for you ?

Last edited by No32; 06-19-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all the kind words. I've been very impressed with Tungsten Silver!

Old 06-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
Nice - now pull fuse 15 ASAP. I love my S, but love it more with the fuse pulled.

Also, I put the CF plate frame from Griots on the car and it looks much better against the read CF.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. G
Nice - now pull fuse 15 ASAP. I love my S, but love it more with the fuse pulled.

Also, I put the CF plate frame from Griots on the car and it looks much better against the read CF.
No need to pull the fuse. It's already been opened up by the dealership . This way it doesn't throw a code either for emissions and what not.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:22 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RossL
Here are some arrival pictures. I can't keep with KarlFranz pics but here you go
LOL. Thanks for the compliment. I love your car. Mine is tungsten as well and it's a beautiful color. I really like the extra little kick to the tail spoiler on the V8VS and V12V. It's subtle, but looks more aggressive.

Congrats on the new baby!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:01 PM
jmargolese is infamous around these partsjmargolese is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear you finally got it, she is a beaut. Enjoy...

Old 06-20-2012, 11:24 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Yea Baby!!! Outstanding.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My "New" Vantage S