Am infotainment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 02:11 PM
AMNERD is infamous around these parts
Am infotainment

Hello

New to forum and loving all the posts!
Just recently bought a '12 Vantage S and loving it. The looks,steering,brakes all incredible BUT a wee bit disappointented in the in car tech....just looks dated.

Been drooling over the new Vanquish and noticed that it's getting the infotainment system from the One-77 which looks modern and befitting a make like AM. I'm sure this is going to trickle down to all the newer models in the near future.

You guys think there will be a chance to update 'older' Astons with this new tech? Not the entire center stack of course but just the software i.e ability to control everything with jogdial and display through LCD screen.

Thanks

Old 06-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Not for nothing, but I'm really happy with the audio I have now and the Nav system gets the job done. The one "tech" piece I'd like to have is keyless operation, and it doesn't look like the Vanquish has that, which is pretty sad.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:09 PM
The audio is great. Didn't splurge for the B&O but the premium system is excellent. Usually just like to listen to the 'audio' from the exhaust.....I'll never get tired it!!!

Still would like to see everything on the LCD though.

I have a feeling we'll see the new engine in the Vantage in a year or so. Gotta start saving for that upgrade!!!

Old 06-24-2012, 10:39 PM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Interesting, I did not notice that the radio/climate control display panel was gone until I looked again after reading this thread.

I just checked out the AM site and I don't see any images with the radio info. Is it all in the sat-nav pop up display now?

Old 06-24-2012, 11:19 PM
As far as i can tell it looks that way and it looks incredible.

This first is from the company that AM used to design the system for the One-77 which is going into the new Vanquish.
http://www.howsplendid.com/case-stud...inment-system/

Note it says it was installed in a DBS mule at first.....makes me think it's possible for Aston to offer it for older models.

This link shows some screen shots
http://www.flickr.com/photos/howsplendid/6504401479/

Old 06-25-2012, 05:40 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Very interesting. Thanks for posting the links!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 AM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Nice find, thanks for sending along.

I am totally with you. I quite like my car but I'd love a bit more (tastefully integrated) modernity. I really like the new Vanq interior as well.

Congrats on your new car!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:10 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
If you have to have the nav screen up to view the station/channel you are listening to, then that is a major screw up AFAIAC. It is one thing to have everything on a single screen that is integrated into the dash and is therefore always visible, but having to use a pop up lump is ridiculous just to view channel/station info.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^^ I agree.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:17 PM
ShawnBoston-thanks man..loving it!

XKRS- Eh...don't think it's that big of a deal. Turn the car on...the screen goes up and stays up....Turn her off and the screen goes down...pretty simple.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
If you have to have the nav screen up to view the station/channel you are listening to, then that is a major screw up AFAIAC. It is one thing to have everything on a single screen that is integrated into the dash and is therefore always visible, but having to use a pop up lump is ridiculous just to view channel/station info.
I agree. If you always need to see something, having it pop-up is dumb.

You want it hidden when the car is off, project it onto the windshield.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:17 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AMNERD
ShawnBoston-thanks man..loving it!

XKRS- Eh...don't think it's that big of a deal. Turn the car on...the screen goes up and stays up....Turn her off and the screen goes down...pretty simple.
You miss the point completely. I don't want to have some ugly lump of a screen ALWAYS up just to use the radio. I use the radio 99% of the time and the nav 1% of the time. I like the sleek lines with it closed. If I have to have the screen up to use the Nav, well thems' the breaks. But NOT for the radio.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I agree with the above. I actually avoid using the nav because I don't like having the screen up and it's not in the line of view at all.

Heck, I'd like it more if the screen was at least angled towards the driver. As it stands, I would not like this to be the only way to view climate and audio controls. Perhaps they will also be integrated into the speed/tach console?

I'd like that and to have basic turn/turn nav in that area - a la Audi, Porsche, etc.

That way you never really need to take your eyes too far from the road. Having it in the binnacle would also help keep it shaded so it would not wash out with the top down on sunny days.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:51 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Why more manufacturers are not using old technologies such as HUD's is beyond me.

I mean - how useful would turn-by-turn navi functions be on the windshield itself? Keep the maps and details on the screen, but next turn and "distance until the turn" on the display (along with speed or RPM - make it configurable).

Old 06-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Bez are you listening!!

Anybody have the chance to drive the old Vanquish...that had a center console screen right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am infotainment