Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Private tour of the Aston Martin factory

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:28 AM
csburdick is infamous around these parts
Private tour of the Aston Martin factory

Hi everyone! I'm in England for holiday and had the opportunity to get a private tour of the Aston Martin factory. Of course I jumped at the chance, and wrote up a piece on it with lots of pictures:

Aston Martin Factory Tour

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for that as I throughly enjoyed it and really want to arrange a visit.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:15 PM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the nice write-up!

Old 07-13-2012, 02:19 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome write up! I'm trying to get an excuse to get to Gaydon for a tour.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
911JOE is infamous around these parts
Great write up!

I managed to go a few months back to a private launch of project AM310 as it was known then (New Vanquish), took the wife and she absolutely fell in love with the place and wants to go again. Highly recommended.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:27 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Body details

I notice large diecut components have been assembled to the chassis prior to the attachment of the body skin assembly. Are these parts foam rubber? If so, the rounded tips of these pieces are compressed against the insides of the quarter panels when the body is lowered and attached? Did you notice, were these parts then removed after the body skin was attached?

Great report, love the photos, any chance of seeing more photos that fill the gaps between the ones you showed?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:49 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Those foam rubber pieces stay put. They are there to quell vibrations in the panels.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:00 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
I really liked the photos of the vintage Astons. Well done!!!

For those of you interested in more details, here is a link to a video of the Gaydon factory assembling a DB9. It was first posted back in March of last year. Keep your eyes open for the "James Bonder".

http://www.streetfire.net/video/aston-martin-speedmakers_2208645.htm#

Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Madmikeybee is infamous around these parts
Awesome! I want to go too. Thanks!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:56 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
I just finished watching this Great Video--Thanks Don.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Very nice thread! I really would love to go to the factory tour! Having some trouble downloading it on my iPhone that db9 video there...

Old 09-28-2012, 11:27 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
We took the tour about a week ago in Gaydon. It was fascinating! I highly recommend it to Aston owners (most of all) or anyone who enjoys cars. I took my sons and the trip was fantastic.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Nice pics, top job! I love the frame picture the best!

Old 05-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Madmikeybee is infamous around these parts
Hello,
The Aston Martin Experience.
I was lucky enough to tour the Aston Martin Gaydon plant in July of last year and it was just plain awesome! Words just can't do it justice.
For those who are considering going, it it well worth it!! Go!!

Thanks to Julian and Sarah for setting it up on this side of the pond. And thanks to Debbie for setting it up at the factory and last, but not least Seb, for taking the time out of his busy schedule to provide us with a private tour!
Cheers,
Mike

Old 05-30-2014, 05:37 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
It's well worth the trip!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Private tour of the Aston Martin factory