Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Carbon Revolution – The world’s first one piece carbon fiber wheel for automotive.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 01:45 PM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
same question for me for the price

Old 07-27-2012, 02:41 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Thanks got the PM...The only car I could see putting these on is my race car and I already have 4 sets of forgelines for that...I'll keep in in mind for down the road though...thanks. They look awesome and cf surely does have a performance advantage for sure.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor
Carbon Revolution Wheels is infamous around these parts
Thanks Sunir!

I think that is the way some people will look at it others are early adopters.

Last edited by Carbon Revolution Wheels; 07-30-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:51 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Why are you pm'ing the price? I think we all want to know.

Last edited by ice350; 07-27-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:48 PM
macksamus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ice350
Why are you pm'ing the price? I think we all want to know.
as a board sponsor, i think he might not be allowed to post pricing info. but that doesn't mean Sunir can't share with the rest of us

Old 07-27-2012, 10:55 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
As a mod on this board and with the Aston Martin forum as one of the forums I moderate, since the membership wants it and OP is a board sponsor and forum supporter. I will allow CR wheels (OP) to post pricing if he wishes. Thank you for your continued support and thanks members for being civil while asking for information from our sponsors.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:37 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EAGKnox
So, they are or are not DOT and TUV approved for highway use? I would not put any structural part on, especially a wheel, that was not TUV approved.

This is the big one, DOT legal I would love to see. But a no loss mold set with epoxy interfaces on carbon holding up to today's stiff sidewalls and thin tires I just will not believe. You can always crack carbon, just takes force and in some cases time. Add in UV exposure and curbing a wheel or any defect from road debris let alone carbon defects and your asking for trouble. Got to remember heat cycling as well from brakes.

If it gets made and it holds up them cool, Dot legal even better.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:17 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
This is the big one, DOT legal I would love to see. But a no loss mold set with epoxy interfaces on carbon holding up to today's stiff sidewalls and thin tires I just will not believe. You can always crack carbon, just takes force and in some cases time. Add in UV exposure and curbing a wheel or any defect from road debris let alone carbon defects and your asking for trouble. Got to remember heat cycling as well from brakes.

If it gets made and it holds up them cool, Dot legal even better.
I don't know of any aftermarket wheels that are DOT approved. Does anyone else?

Only a few are TUV but even that can be misleading. I've heard several times that TUV approves the machines, the process but not necessarilly the wheel itself. Again, does anyone have better info to share?

Old 07-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
Hi Guys,

In regards to testing I would ask everyone go to the website as we have done extensive testing.
www.carbonrev.com

Please look at testing tab and read and see the videos.

We are working with testing agency's world wide and have put our wheel up against the toughest standards both aftermarket and OEM specific test.

After review the website please let me know if you have additional testing questions and I will be happy to share information.

As for pricing I did not think we were allowed to discuss so please PM.

Thank you for all your questions and I look forward to working with the 6 Speed members.

Best regards,

Bill Koenig

Last edited by Carbon Revolution Wheels; 07-31-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Banned
sabrinadaisy is infamous around these parts
is this reliable?

Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
Carbon Revolution has a world class team of engineers and scientist assembled from across the aerospace and auto industries and we have implemented state of the art engineering, testing and manufacturing methods in the production of the CR-9's.
Please refer to the testing area of our web site at www.carbonrev.com where you will find examples including video of many of the lab test conducted on the wheels.