Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Significant Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:44 AM
MichaelD is infamous around these parts
And it you get the cats done, it increases the volume so you can retain fuse 15 if you like the 'step' in volume at 3,500 rpm. Or just take out fuse 15 and take full advantage of that fabulous V8 sound

Old 08-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
Cats probably offer the best bang for the buck in terms of power and sound. Talk to Stuart.
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
The cats offer the best bang for buck and will alter your exhaust note.

I was on a ~30 exotic car cruise yesterday though escarpment country in southern ON and again had repeated, spontaneous compliments from other drivers about how amazing (and loud) the car is with a stock exhaust and cats. This has happened unfailingly whenever ever I end up taking the car out with other enthusiasts. I could not go back to stock cats, just love these.

"I was 5 cars behind you and I could hear you open it up after every corner, hands down the _best_ sounding car here".

(From and M5 driver who I was following), "[Sounds amazing!] ... My windows were up and I couldn't even hear my own exhaust"

Last edited by Aston.Ca; 08-26-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
I figured I should weigh in again on this thread just to clarify compatibility of parts for different model years.

From 2006-2010MY, the V8 Vantage has a cat-less header, mated to a single unit 600 cell primary and 400 cell secondary catalyst. Both primaries and secondaries housed in the same unit. This part is what the RSC 200 cell catalysts supercede.

On the 2011MY-on, the header assemblies each have a primary catalyst with a pre & post O2 sensor, and then the secondaries are retained in roughly the same position with no O2 locations. Very similar to the setup on the DB9/DBS/V12V. At present we do not offer a replacement for these secondaries.

However.... I am VERY close to signing off on our header design which we have developed to fit the earlier model cars. What WILL fit, is if you replace the 2011-on headers & catalysts with the RSC headers & catalysts, along with an O2 harness extension, relocating the pre/post cat O2 sensors to the original position in the catalysts next to the transmission tunnel. We will most likely produce the secondaries to fit these cars without headers at some point, but given option to do cats & headers at the same time, that should prove to be the more popular/sensible option!

Old 08-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
^^^ sorry did not realize that. The RSC site lists the cats as available for 09-11 MY Vantages (and lists standalone 100 cell cats for the DB9/DBS/V12V with no MY restrictions mentioned) so I didn't realize there were any compatibility issues.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
^^^ sorry did not realize that. The RSC site lists the cats as available for 09-11 MY Vantages (and lists standalone 100 cell cats for the DB9/DBS/V12V with no MY restrictions mentioned) so I didn't realize there were any compatibility issues.
I need to update the site. We are doing a full overhaul on it to a new platform, so I haven't been paying as much attention to the existing site as I should.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Leo1 is infamous around these parts
Stuart, Sent you an email.

I guess I need to know what is available at this time for the 2012. Sounds like this is all 2011 and older talk.

Thank you

Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stuart@RSC
From 2006-2010MY, the V8 Vantage has a cat-less header, mated to a single unit 600 cell primary and 400 cell secondary catalyst. Both primaries and secondaries housed in the same unit. This part is what the RSC 200 cell catalysts supercede.

On the 2011MY-on, the header assemblies each have a primary catalyst with a pre & post O2 sensor, and then the secondaries are retained in roughly the same position with no O2 locations. Very similar to the setup on the DB9/DBS/V12V. At present we do not offer a replacement for these secondaries.
Stuart,
I know that the factory figures are the same for all 4.7s (except the S, of course), but is either the '06 - '10 factory header or the '11-on header better than the other, e.g., does either the early or late header make more power or torque than the other?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:26 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
i've got an '07 V8V with RSC touring exhaust and sport cats. they sound AMAZING, and are a decent bit louder than stock (due to the cats). i was at a track event in March and got tons of compliments about the sound of the car.

that said, i did pull the cats off while trying to diagnose an engine stalling and CEL problem. the cats are perfectly fine, but now i'm disappointed in the sound without them! so if you do swap out the exhaust (especially the cats), be careful because you they will ruin you on all other exhaust notes.

btw, the cats are still off the car if anyone would like to buy them. i'm neck-deep in starting a company and helping run two others, so i could use a few extra bucks to free up some breathing room.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:13 PM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
irish07, what is required to complete the drive cycle and get the p1000 to go away, assuming all's well with the fuse and such?

Old 02-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sonnyd
irish07, what is required to complete the drive cycle and get the p1000 to go away, assuming all's well with the fuse and such?
For a P1000 to clear...too much stuff to write, also without a diagnostic machine to monitor...would be pointless. Driving the car around regularly will clear a P1000, just how long it will take is the question(ambient temp, vehicle temp, time in each gear, how long the drive was, throttle pedal %..etc). I don't even bother with clearing the P1000 anymore unless the car was from a emissions testing area(warranty will not pay for it, so it would be at customer pay)...where I'm at, there is no emissions testing so I could care less..a P1000 will not cause any driving or performance issues, it's just a telltale that all the drive cycles have not completed(which is why a emissions test would fail for there not sure if the catalysts test passed, if the DMTL test passed..etc)..Obviosuly though if I repair a problem I will verify it is solved..a lot of other brands don't even bother with the P1000 anymore, Aston is just well F&*K^(&*^&*()^&%^$#).......Yah

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com