Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Spin tires.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:30 PM
uxchamp is infamous around these parts
Red face Spin tires.

Dumb question.

How do I spin tires on my '08 V8V SS from a stand still?
Do I need to wait for rain with trackion-off?

Run out and pour some vegitable oil on the road?

Is there some kind of a lunch control?

Brake stand?

Curious....

Last edited by uxchamp; 09-07-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:18 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Best case scenario, you'll make a fool of yourself. Worst case, you'll break something.

Lol why are you trying to do this? Generally, AMs don't do well being abused for the sake of showing off. One guy went to melt the remnant of his tires off by doing donuts since they had to be replaced the next day. He ended up ruining his power steering. Just a warning

Old 09-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
No lunch control that I know of.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:45 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by uxchamp
Dumb question.

How do I spin tires on my '08 V8V SS from a stand still?
Do I need to wait for rain with trackion-off?

Run out and pour some vegitable oil on the road?

Is there some kind of a lunch control?

Brake stand?

Curious....
It seems that your are indeed out to 'lunch'.

Oh, and you are right...it is a dumb question.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by telum01
Best case scenario, you'll make a fool of yourself. Worst case, you'll break something.

Lol why are you trying to do this? Generally, AMs don't do well being abused for the sake of showing off. One guy went to melt the remnant of his tires off by doing donuts since they had to be replaced the next day. He ended up ruining his power steering. Just a warning
It's only for my own satisfaction and not to show off, I have urges to have the tailend drift a little . I'm coming from a manual, and every few months I'd feel like droping the clutch. I definetly don't want to do anything drastic to my AM.

Too bad for lack of launch control.

I'll take "no" for an answer and go back to loud and pop sfx.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Pst* ..all ASM have lauch control..even on the old Vanquish it was said to be "removed"..it's still there, its amazing how much less ppl try lauch control when it's removed from the owners manual..Lol

**Disclaimer: Do as you wish to your own car, by doing this you can f*ck up your own car..damn this **** may be fun..but damn it costs money!!!***

Just to spin the wheels(hehe and possibly break parts), get the engine to operating temp(important or ecu will not allow tire spinning to happen), come to a complete stop, put in neutral, turn on sport mode, turn off traction, use the paddles to put in 1st and fast within 3 sec punch the throttle through the floor..you should get rubber smoken!! ..you can then push the brake to keep a stand still but don't play with the brake pedal on a ASM cause everytime you push the brake, the clutch is controlled to back off, but the WOT will override and keep it applied ..but by that time you will have a "clutch overheating" msg flashing in your face ..have fun bro!!

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 09-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Vantage S is infamous around these parts
Talking

Originally Posted by irish07
Pst* ..all ASM have lauch control..even on the old Vanquish it was said to be "removed"..it's still there, its amazing how much less ppl try lauch control when it's removed from the owners manual..Lol

**Disclaimer: Do as you wish to your own car, by doing this you can f*ck up your own car..damn this **** may be fun..but damn it costs money!!!***

Just to spin the wheels(hehe and possibly break parts), get the engine to operating temp(important or ecu will not allow tire spinning to happen), come to a complete stop, put in neutral, turn on sport mode, turn off traction, use the paddles to put in 1st and fast within 3 sec punch the throttle through the floor..you should get rubber smoken!! ..you can then push the brake to keep a stand still but don't play with the brake pedal on a ASM cause everytime you push the brake, the clutch is controlled to back off, but the WOT will override and keep it applied ..but by that time you will have a "clutch overheating" msg flashing in your face ..have fun bro!!
This sounds like too much fun not to try it, good excuse for a uprated clutch and lightweight flywheel

Old 09-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
please post videos :P

Old 09-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Maybe this explains the paired black patches on the tarmac out back behind Decarie ... All cars are given a thorough multi-point 'inspection' as part of all service visits I understand

(Kidding!)

Old 10-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
I remembered this thread when I came upon this photo and I thought it was à propos:-)

Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
NICE!! ..just I don't think that smoke is from the tires anymore..this is a "Clutch Smoke Show"..god I love clutch smoke show season ..haha J/K

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 11-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys!

Took me 2 months to build up courage to do this.

I tried it last week and now there are two very straight 60ft black strips somewhere in the Greater Toronto Area.

Basically you rev up ( I did 4k-5k rpm) and the car drops the cluch after 3sec. CLANK! SMOKE!

cheers!

Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Give your local dealer a head's up when you do this so he can get some parts in ahead of time and hold your AM EX Platinum card for you while you do the burn outs. For what its going to cost you in repairs, you can go get a nice 12 year old Mustang 5.0 liter with bald tires and have way more fun.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
It seems that your are indeed out to 'lunch'.

Oh, and you are right...it is a dumb question.
******-bag comment

Originally Posted by irish07
Pst* ..all ASM have launch control..even on the old Vanquish it was said to be "removed"..
Great answer, thanks for taking the time to teach the rest of us something. It seems as tho you might have some insight on these wonderful cars. Are there any other cool tricks the owners manual left out? (beside the location of the primary fusebox).

Old 11-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Fubar
******-bag comment

Great answer, thanks for taking the time to teach the rest of us something. It seems as tho you might have some insight on these wonderful cars. Are there any other cool tricks the owners manual left out? (beside the location of the primary fusebox).
Hehe...I'm pushing almost 10 years of "insight" on these "wonderful cars"

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spin tires.